Celebrating birthday on cruise

Hello everyone, I will be attending a cruise to celebrate my dad's birthday.

Just wondering, does Royal Caribbean do anything to celebrate someone's birthday? For example do they give you something in your state room? Do they do anything in the main dining room or in specialty restaurant if it's your birthday? Any guidance or insight in this manner would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

They will decorate the stateroom at a charge and you can also order a cake for the stateroom, again at a charge. Both of these can booked in the "gifts and gear" section in your cruise planner.

In the MDR, if you make a point of telling your wait staff/head waiter the day before, they will bring your dad a slice of cake with a candle to the table and sing happy birthday. There is no charge for this. You could also order a cake instead of the slice but there will be a charge for that. 

I don't know about the specialty restaurants but since they can do it in the MDR I imagine they can do it in those too.

On our 1st cruise for my 50th my wife was a little disappointed that RC didn't do more for people's birthday's. It wasn't until i pointed out that everyone on the ship could potentially be celebrating a birthday, anniversary or even a divorce that she understood that while its possible its just not feasible.

2 hours ago, Ray said:

On our 1st cruise for my 50th my wife was a little disappointed that RC didn't do more for people's birthday's. It wasn't until i pointed out that everyone on the ship could potentially be celebrating a birthday, anniversary or even a divorce that she understood that while its possible its just not feasible.

In the past, when the ships were smaller and had fewer passengers, they were more pro-active. We had some nice efforts for our anniversaries back in the day, but in these days of mega-ships the size of small towns, as you say, it's just not feasible.

5 hours ago, Jayhoaps said:

Hello everyone, I will be attending a cruise to celebrate my dad's birthday.

Just wondering, does Royal Caribbean do anything to celebrate someone's birthday? For example do they give you something in your state room? Do they do anything in the main dining room or in specialty restaurant if it's your birthday? Any guidance or insight in this manner would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

They don't automatically do anything. If you want a celebration you would need to arrange it.

You could easily speak to your waiter or the restaurant managers if you want to do something at dinner.

As others have mentioned, there are some celebration decorations and cakes available for purchase that would be for the room.

We sailed on Oasis in November and the day of embarkation happened to be our 42nd anniversary.  We did not say anything but our friends had put a few decorations on our door which mentioned anniversary!  When we got back to our room that night our steward had left a beautiful note and towels shaped into 2 swans that were facing each other creating a heart!  It was very sweet of him especially because no one had said a thing to him!  
Our most recent cruise celebrated our son’s birthday as well as our nephew so on our last night of sailing our MDR waiter brought 2 slices of cake with candles to them and several waiters joined in singing.  All we did was mention it at beginning of dinner.