Taking Proctored COVID Test

20 minutes ago, Rfloyd7522 said:

Did you use a tripod or some other method to move the phone around for the proctor?

Actually best if you don’t move the device you’re using. The test items must remain in the camera view at all times after you open the box. Just prop your phone up against something that allows for access to the back camera as well as the front. 

4 hours ago, Rfloyd7522 said:

Did you use a tripod or some other method to move the phone around for the proctor?

That's important.  If you can't mount your phone, it's going to be a little hard to keep the phone steadily focused while the 15 - 20 minute testing is going on.  The phone must remain focused and steady on the test kit while the swab is in the test kit.  Which means, you can't even go to the restroom for that time.  Well, unless you have someone there to hold it for you.  

We just propped our phones on the box the test kits came in. You have to scan the test kit before using it for the proctor to show it's a valid unexpired one and then again after your 15 minutes are done when a  proctor comes back on to prove it's the same test kit.

Yes, you can go to the bathroom if needed, just be there when your 15 minute timer goes off because a proctor will be on-line for you to read your results. 

I used my laptop.  I put it up on my cutting board so it was about 2 inches higher on my table (I'm tall).    Also I  had to push the computer bsck toward the middle of the table to ensure I had enough space in front of the laptop for the test kit to lay flat AND be seen by the proctor. Every time I sailed I hesitated using my kits.  I finally did and it was pretty easy.  Google on how to use the kit, it will make it easier.  I had used their kit on my own before-not for sailing-so I was familiar with everything, which helped.  Definitely watch a video. Whatever you do, do not open the test kit until the proctor tells you it is ok.