COVID TEST - Tell me your experience

According to the RC website, they require a negative COVID test for travel and you are required to test no more than 2 to 3 days before your sail date.

We are sailing on 4/16 (Saturday) out of Miami.  We arrive in Miami two days early on the night of 4/14.  I am sure local CVS and Walgreens Pharmacies will be booked for COVID19 test required by RC to sail.  We are aware that RC offers test at the dock but they are (a rip-off of) $99 per test (there are 4 of us).

We are looking for options and wanted this blog's advise.  Here is my question:

If we take the test on WEDNESDAY (4/13) in our state before our flight on Thursday to Miami, would that be within the 2-3 days before the sail date of 4/16?  My math says "YES" (at 3 days) but wanted to check with this forum to see if anyone had sailed with a 4+ day old test that was accepted at the dock the day of sailing.

Thanks in advance.

The requirement for vaccinated passengers is at least 2 days before sailing.  For a Saturday sailing, this means you can test on Thursday 4/14, Friday 4/15 or Saturday 4/16.

The three day testing period is for unvaccinated passengers who require a PCR test that must be taken within 3 days of sailing and not including the sail date, so for them it would be Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.

12 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

The requirement for vaccinated passengers is at least 2 days before sailing.  For a Saturday sailing, this means you can test on Thursday 4/14, Friday 4/15 or Saturday 4/16.

The three day testing period is for unvaccinated passengers who require a PCR test that must be taken within 3 days of sailing and not including the sail date, so for them it would be Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.

Thank you for your speedy reply.  After a little more research, I saw this on the RC website.  Thanks again.

pre-cruise-test-days.jpg

25 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

The testing is AT MOST 2 days before sailing.