Do you think RC will do something like Princess Plus?

csrsue

Just wondering if there is any rumor, mumblings, secret talks, whatever, of Royal ever doing a price point like Princess did with the Princess Plus where you pay extra upfront and your Internet, drink package, gratuities, specialty dining, et cetera, is included in the initial price (at a discounted rate than if you bought it all separate), but you still have the option to book just the normal stateroom without that as well for a lesser amount.

Princess is trying to compete with Celebrity (or vice versa) so with Celebrity’s Always Included fare model it kind of forces Princess to go there.  

Royal is a family cruise line including a more friendly price point where everything isn’t included.  If Carnival and NCL went all inclusive then Royal might look harder at it but until that happens I don’t think Royal is even talking about it within the secret conference rooms on Dodge Island. 

15 minutes ago, Toby said:

I get email advertising all inclusive NCL cruise deals weekly, sometimes twice a week.

That's just marketing.

Royal Caribbean prefers to discount their fares and then let you pay for add-ons.

NCL prefers to "include" add-ons and leave their fare.

Of course, NCL has less market share than Royal, so it has to be more aggressive in their pricing than Royal.

1 hour ago, Toby said:

I get email advertising all inclusive NCL cruise deals weekly, sometimes twice a week.

NCL is far from all inclusive.  It may appear through their marketing tactics that they are much competitive than Royal but that is only until you get onboard. I've cruised with NCL several times and I've found they nickel and dime you a lot more once onboard than Royal Caribbean does especially on their newer ships.  Things that you think are included in the base cruise fare you find out are not included and you have to pay extra to enjoy them once onboard.  I know Royal does this as well but NCL takes the cake in my opinion with it comes to onboard hidden charges. Free to Sea may seem like it is a great deal before you get on the cruise it isn't until after you on the ship you realize what Free to Sea covers and what it does not and believe me there is a LOT free to sea does not cover or is excluded from free to sea and you have to pay more and most times you don't find out until you are there at the venue. And don't be fooled by the free Wifi that free Wifi basically only lets you check emails, send emails, look at very basic websites. If you want Wifi like what you find on a Royal Caribbean ship you have to pay extra but if you don't know that before boarding the ship and you need "real" Wifi not the free Wifi now you have to pay full price for "real" Wifi once onboard the ship. The free to sea program a great marketing tool in my opinion but nothing more than that.

Royal in most cases charges more up front than NCL but in my experience I've always ended up paying for it on the back end on a NCL cruise. I'd rather pay more upfront and know what I'm getting than pay less and be nickeled and dimmed once onboard. This is just another reason why I'm more loyal to Royal than NCL or other cruise lines as well.