Reboarding

No, the cabins aren't available for guests until generally around 1:00 or 2:00 PM.

You can disembark and then return later. I know that everyone has to be checked in by 90 minutes before sail away, so I'd try to ensure that you're back onboard by that time.

So once we book our baggage in we have to stay with it?

we cannot turn up at 11am, book our luggage in and then take a walk around the ship, I assumed once you booked the luggage in it was taken away and delivered to your room, people talk about tipping the porter, but if I have to stay with my luggage until I am allowed in my room then what is the point of getting people booked in early?

So once we book our baggage in we have to stay with it?

we cannot turn up at 11am, book our luggage in and then take a walk around the ship, I assumed once you booked the luggage in it was taken away and delivered to your room, people talk about tipping the porter, but if I have to stay with my luggage until I am allowed in my room then what is the point of getting people booked in early?

No, Outside the ship you drop your luggage off with the porter. Then through out the day they deleliver the luggage to the different staterooms. You do not have to walk around the ship carrying luggage. I like to get on the ship at 11:30. I go and have lunch at Windjammer, then I have a quick drink at the pool and by the time thats done its 1:00 and my room is ready. You will be fine don't worry and like I said as long as you drop the luggage off with the porter you do not have to carry it around with you. 

• 2 months later...

Return home. Are we responsible for getting our luggage off the ship once we return home or can we schedule a time with a porter to do so?  If the porter takes if off do we pick it up the same place we dropped it off?   It appears our ship returns to Baltimore early in the am, will we be able to eat breakfast and take our time leaving the ship?   Do they have a certain time you have to be off, like a motel has a check out time?  We are driving our own vehicle, so time is not a big issue.   

Thanks again!

Return home. Are we responsible for getting our luggage off the ship once we return home or can we schedule a time with a porter to do so?  If the porter takes if off do we pick it up the same place we dropped it off?   It appears our ship returns to Baltimore early in the am, will we be able to eat breakfast and take our time leaving the ship?   Do they have a certain time you have to be off, like a motel has a check out time?  We are driving our own vehicle, so time is not a big issue.   

Thanks again!

You can do self debarkation in which you would be responsible for taking you bags off the ship.  Otherwise you will leave your bags outside your cabin the last night.  They will arrange them in groups where you can find and retrieve them after you debark.  You will collect your bags prior to going through customs.  There should be porters there to help you with your bags if you need assistance.

Thanks again!

You can take your time and have breakfast.  Once your number is called, you can disembark anytime you want.  Once off the ship, you can have a porter assist you with your luggage or do it yourself. Completely up to you.

You do have to be off the ship by sometime between 9 and 10am.  

This is our first cruise.  What do you mean by our number being called? 

Thanks again!!!

This might be a good blog post...

In a nutshell, every passenger gets a number assigned for disembarkation.  RC calls numbers over the loud speakers and once they call your number you can get off the ship. You can take your time even after they call your number but your luggage wont be ready until they call it.

Welcome to the boards- depending on my flight time home, I have both pulled my

own luggage off the ship (walked off) and have used the ship number system as well

Also depends on the port - in FLL its so close to get off the ship and to the airport

I take my time - In Orlando- I get off quicker, cause its an hour to the airport, etc

Also they give you a letter in your cabin the night before you disembark that explains

what to do with numbers, or if you are walking off

I agree Matt - blog post for sure

Thanks!  We are driving to Baltimore from PA and parking in security for the trip. I guess the number will work for us, since we do not have to worry about a plane. :rolleyes:  ;)  :)

You are correct. When you're driving and not under the gun to be somewhere by a certain time, disembarkation is far less stressful.

• 6 months later...

we booked our luggage in at 11 am then went for a wander and a coffee at the Quay then went and boarded the ship, there was a huge sign as you go through Customs stating that due to Australian immigration regulations once you are on board you are not allowed back off the ship.

Peter

we booked our luggage in at 11 am then went for a wander and a coffee at the Quay then went and boarded the ship, there was a huge sign as you go through Customs stating that due to Australian immigration regulations once you are on board you are not allowed back off the ship.

Peter

Interesting.  I know in North American cruises I've taken, you could leave but you would have to go back through customs/security again. I've never tried it