How does the Wonderland menu work?

ChanaC

Has anyone been to Wonderland and care to share what they ordered? I've seen some sample menus (one is attached below) with the dishes listed under the categories Sun, Ice, Fire, Earth and Sea. From what I can tell, Sun, Ice, and Fire are appetizers, right? I've heard that the waiters will basically order for you and just bring you stuff, so do you get to try all the appetizers? If you don't get them all, can you request some that look especially interesting to you? And then for a main course, do you pick from one of the last two categories? Also, I thought I read somewhere that dessert is an extra cost, or is it included in the price of dinner?

And while you're here, were there any favorite dishes that should definitely be ordered? I love all kinds of seafood, especially shellfish, so it looks like there are lots of great options. I know it's only a sample menu, but looking at various reviews it looks like the reconstructed caprese is almost always on the menu, and I love a good caprese salad even if it's in an unusual form! The smoked eggs also seem to be one of their signature items I would love to try, although I'm traveling with someone who does not like blue cheese.

Sorry for all the questions, it's just that Wonderland seems like a unique experience and I'm just trying to figure out how it all works.

wonderlad-menu-sample.pdf

You can pick all your dishes if you wish, but generally the waiter will offer to bring you a few appetisers and you can select your entree/mains. We generally leave it to them and let them know we do not like the tuna or egg starters, so the waiter will work around that. The short ribs and branzino fish is amazing, and we generally share the mains. Enjoy the experience 

I was at Wonderland yesterday.  I just went with the flow.  It felt like a tasting experience for me because my waiter brought items one after the other.  I did not what they were until he described them for me after serving them.  The only option I was given was for the main entree.  I chose the Halibut Cooked in Clear Paper.

To literally answer your question (lol), you have to "paint" the menu for it to appear.

IMG_2782.thumb.jpg.9fec14c0f40b3d09b82fa256bdef039e.jpg 371774046_IMG_27552.thumb.JPG.d0e292ce11ef1644cc15a2b82171c67f.JPG

I was served the Bird's Nest, Mad Hatter's Purple Potted Shrimp, Crispy Crab Cones, Citrus Seas Shhh, and Liquid Lobster

IMG_2758.thumb.jpg.852739920c555655a2ebbaa37caed8cd.jpg IMG_2759.thumb.jpg.9093ee6534202b062c60d5af51b0b01f.jpg IMG_2760.thumb.jpg.072ad331ace0cee62b141da9f8345e71.jpg IMG_2762.thumb.jpg.b1919fd55fc853cfb608e6b441156c88.jpg IMG_2761.thumb.jpg.666df75680793cfb98112d1db665ce88.jpg

Main Entree: Halibut Cooked in Clear Paper

IMG_2766.thumb.jpg.3aadd3dad110cc44c9e1c0e04fd7d02c.jpg

Dessert: The World

IMG_2771.thumb.jpg.d9def83725d65a08f65197ffa8572ecc.jpg

The descriptions for each item are on the app

Thanks all! So the mains are under Earth and Sea, right? Or are they scattered throughout the menu? I saw two videos where people got the liquid lobster as an appetizer even though it's under the "sea" category.

I'm totally up for whatever the waiter brings, but there are a few things that look really good that I would really hope to get.

17 hours ago, ChanaC said:

I saw two videos where people got the liquid lobster as an appetizer even though it's under the "sea" category.

I'm not really sure why the Liquid Lobster is listed under the entrees when it's just a small caviar topped spoonful. It was brought to us with the appetizers. 

We didn't really even "order" the appetizers. Our server pretty much brought us one of everything on the appetizer menu!

Wonderland is definitely worth trying at least once for the experience.

The only draw back was that I had to "paint" the menu about three times to take another look at what I wanted! 😆

3 hours ago, SPS said:

The only draw back was that I had to "paint" the menu about three times to take another look at what I wanted! 😆

You know how tempted I was to just pour out the water in the small jar onto the frame?   It's a good thing I took a picture of the "secret" menu before it began to disappear again.  Otherwise, I might have had to paint it again like you did