Pre-cruise COVID testing, Fort Lauderdale

BillSikkenga

Hello All!

Just wondering if anyone has recently gotten their pre-cruise COVID tests done in Fort Lauderdale? If so, where did you go, and did you have to schedule it in advance?

We arrive in Fort Lauderdale 5 days before we board the AOS in March, and will need to get our tests done. We were not planning on renting a car while we were in Fort Lauderdale, but I don't know if an Uber or Lyft would take us through a Walgreens or CVS for the drive thru testing.

I did see that Snyder Park, in Fort Lauderdale, offers free drive thru and walkup rapid antigen testing Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm. Curious if anyone has used this before too.

Thanks in advance, and happy sailing!!!

Bill

2 hours ago, BillSikkenga said:

Hello All!

Just wondering if anyone has recently gotten their pre-cruise COVID tests done in Fort Lauderdale? If so, where did you go, and did you have to schedule it in advance?

We arrive in Fort Lauderdale 5 days before we board the AOS in March, and will need to get our tests done. We were not planning on renting a car while we were in Fort Lauderdale, but I don't know if an Uber or Lyft would take us through a Walgreens or CVS for the drive thru testing.

I did see that Snyder Park, in Fort Lauderdale, offers free drive thru and walkup rapid antigen testing Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm. Curious if anyone has used this before too.

Bill

You could schedule a drive through test at CVS on 17th street and Federal Highway or locate one of the many pop up Covid testing tents in the area. I see 2 tents on 17th street alone on my way to and from work daily so you will not have any issues. Snyder Park lines are long but if you have the time then it might be a good option (personally I would rather spend my time on the beach). 

3 hours ago, BillSikkenga said:

Hello All!

Bill

Bill,

Buy a covid test from the optum store. It has to say Rx and you take the test in the comfort of your hotel room. $30 a test.  Order now and take with you.  https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-at-home-test-kit-2-pack

I agree with others recommending at-home testing.  The good news is that depending on your insurance provider, you may be able get these for free.  I've submitted claims for the Optum BINAX at-home proctored tests and had them reimbursed fully ($200+ for 6 BINAX proctored tests).  If your provider has a test ordering program set up these tests may not qualify and you may be capped at $12 per test.  However, my provider does not have a program in place and allows me to submit a claim for outside purchases at cost so long as they were FDA approved at-home tests.

CMS.gov's website FAQ's were very helpful:  https://www.cms.gov/how-to-get-your-at-home-OTC-COVID-19-test-for-free  (especially Q#3).

Thanks,

Andy

I live outside of Pensacola and have been unable to find an appropriate Antigen test, all of the local pharmacies only offer Rapid Diagnostic Test or a PCR test. The Rapid Diagnostic Test is advertised at 24 hours but they will not guarantee the results in that time line. PCR is 2-3 days. The NOMI tents now only offer PCR testing. Easiest option becomes the home testing system. 

There is a CVS as someone mentioned. You will need to schedule an appointment. I have also seen the tents set up around town and they are usually pretty empty. There are a ton of urgent cares you can get testing from too without an appointment.
To name a few:

Instant Medical Care

Broward Medical and Urgent Care

Holy Cross Urgent Care

10 hours ago, Maiku said:

There is a CVS as someone mentioned. You will need to schedule an appointment. I have also seen the tents set up around town and they are usually pretty empty. There are a ton of urgent cares you can get testing from too without an appointment.
To name a few:

Instant Medical Care

Broward Medical and Urgent Care

Holy Cross Urgent Care

Instant being the most convenient on 17th street.

• 1 month later...