Can I book a cruise with a medical exemption letter and move it if they will not allow me to cruise (with the 95% vaccination status requirement)?

We would like to book a cruise for late Fall 2022 (9/24/22). I have a medical exemption letter and my husband is not vaccinated (nor has a letter). If they won't allow us to cruise due to their 95% requirement, would we be able to use the "Cruise with Confidence" policy to move it to another date with the hopes of them lifting the vaccination policy? My travel agent doesn't even know the answer. The Cruise with Confidence policy merely says must book by 3/31/22 and cruise by 9/30/22, but if we booked for September and then couldn't cruise because we were denied permission, any movement in dates would obviously be beyond the 9/30/22 date.  We just miss cruising SO much and feel we're being punished by not being allowed to cruise unless vaccinated, which I cannot be due to a medical condition.

Thoughts?

2 hours ago, happyIAcruiser said:

We would like to book a cruise for late Fall 2022 (9/24/22). I have a medical exemption letter and my husband is not vaccinated (nor has a letter). If they won't allow us to cruise due to their 95% requirement, would we be able to use the "Cruise with Confidence" policy to move it to another date with the hopes of them lifting the vaccination policy? My travel agent doesn't even know the answer. The Cruise with Confidence policy merely says must book by 3/31/22 and cruise by 9/30/22, but if we booked for September and then couldn't cruise because we were denied permission, any movement in dates would obviously be beyond the 9/30/22 date.  We just miss cruising SO much and feel we're being punished by not being allowed to cruise unless vaccinated, which I cannot be due to a medical condition.

Thoughts?

We are both unvaccinated, by choice.  I’m afraid there is little to nothing to be done right now.  The rule is simple:  “vax or stay home”.  As @Poochsaid, you could conceivably cruise with an accepted medical exemption (and you would be subject to restricted access; only able to go into unvaccinated venues) but your husband would not be able to cruise at all without an accepted exemption. 

Unfair ?  Maybe.  Their ships, their rules.

Who knows what the refund rules will be in Sept but under current rules, if you are unvaccinated, you can get a complete cash refund for any money you have paid to Royal.  If it were me, I would go ahead and make a booking and then, if the rules haven’t changed by final payment date, get a full refund.  I am no longer messing around with Future Cruise Credits.  I have little confidence that they will allow unvaxxed to sail before the FCCs are likely to expire.

They might make an exception for you if you have a letter from your doctor, but I don't think they'll make an exception for someone who just won't get the vaccine. I don't know what will happen this fall but as of now the vaccine protocols are strict and in place.

4 hours ago, happyIAcruiser said:

Thoughts?

You have to do what you think is best for you.  I am a vaxxer.  I do not judge others unless and until they make things personal.  Having said that, RCCL is not "punishing" you.  RCCL is doing what's best for them.  So my thoughts are to do away with the notion that a business entity is punishing you for doing what is best for them.