royal keeps cancelling my excursions

fa-li

It's so frustrating.  This is the third time Royal has cancelled an excursion we've booked through them for our St. Thomas stop.  Each time I choose another one, but of course each time, the price has gone up.  Any insight on what might be going on?  Is this happening to others?

Also, when I look on the cruise planner, this excursion is still listed, but shows "sold out"  Did they boot me to make room for more guests at a higher rate?

6 minutes ago, fa-li said:

It's so frustrating.  This is the third time Royal has cancelled an excursion we've booked through them for our St. Thomas stop.  Each time I choose another one, but of course each time, the price has gone up.  Any insight on what might be going on?  Is this happening to others?

How far in advance are you trying to book? There seems to be a lot of flux right now in the tour operator industry, and these cancelations may just be a tour company going out of business. Royal does a lot of vetting to try to ensure the best experiences, so finding someone to take over a particular offering can be complex.

8 minutes ago, KristiZ said:

How far in advance are you trying to book? There seems to be a lot of flux right now in the tour operator industry, and these cancelations may just be a tour company going out of business. Royal does a lot of vetting to try to ensure the best experiences, so finding someone to take over a particular offering can be complex.

Good points.  Originally I was booking last fall for this April.  Then December.  Then had to rebook in January.  We are now 76 days out. 

Oh well.  I guess this is just cruising in pandemic times.  I've booked yet another excursion. Let's hope this one goes. 

I just had the same thing happen for my April cruise with an excursion in St Thomas. Same thing- it is still showing up on the cruise planner but now says sold out. All other excursions also say sold out, so now we cannot re-book an excursion through RC for St Thomas. We are first time cruisers 😞 Not sure why it got cancelled and we are 62 days out from our cruise. 

I had excursions in Mexico canceled on my B2B on Liberty in October and November.  Not sure what all is up but they were both SCUBA dives.  I did dives in Roatan without issue however and was able to book through someone else for Mexico.  I am guessing there was something between the local regulations and RCCL that just didn't jive right so they decided to cancel them to err on the side of caution.  I have a dive booked again at the end of this month in Cozumel and it will hopefully stick this time but I have to agree with all the stuff going on and different area's having different requirements finding things that will always work out can be tough.

It kinda goes back to the statement of "be flexible" that has been made on the site multiple times.  https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/12/28/why-you-need-be-flexible-if-you-want-go-cruise-right-now  Tons of things are changing and we have no clue all the stuff going on behind the scenes at this time.  

52 minutes ago, Jill said:

I just checked excursions for our March 18 Wonder to St Thomas. Most beach excursions are sold out. I don’t even see the Champagne catamaran that we did in October. 

Which excursion did you want to do? 

We just want to snorkel.  Normally in St Thomas, we book a private boat/captain, but with a weird port time (7:30-3) we didn't want to risk an issue either on the water or with St. Thomas's difficult taxi situation.  We also didn't want beach time, or a giant pirate ship themed snorkel.  Can't remember the names of the first two we booked.  This latest to be canceled was the Buck Island sail and snorkel.  No worries, I was able to book yet another excursion, the Xmas Cove snorkel.  We've been to Xmas Cove a few times and it's usually pretty good, so we're happy.  

It's so nice to have these boards to both vent to, and to remind me that this is not the end of the world, lol.  At the end of the day, we will be on vacation, on  a cruise for the first time since February 2020.  If all excursions get cancelled, I'll still be one of the lucky ones.