Paris Excursions

nmdaisy

We are on the Anthem of The Seas May 2nd TA cruise. I have been following it since I booked it so I would be able to book a tour in Paris. The excursions are not open and SOLD OUT! The ship is 2hrs away from the city so this makes it hard to get to the main attractions. I guess we will need to book private tours. Does anyone have a suggestion on an tours they have been on before?

I have done several tours over the years with Paris Muse and all were wonderful. However, this was during stays in Paris, not as a cruiser so might not work for you. If you’re looking for something that includes round trip transportation, you might have luck over on the cruise critic boards, or with viator 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on the same cruise, and have the same question.   I called the cruise line and they directed me with an email to reach the Shore Excursions team, where I relayed my concern.  I asked if they would be reviewing the sold out status of pretty much every excursion offered, and increasing capacity.  Or if they were offering a waitlist.  The answer in reply was not super helpful - basically said to watch for cancellations online, and otherwise get on a waitlist once you get on the boat.   They also had no information on excursions that might be offered in Punta Delgada, but did say 90 days prior to sailing there may be an update which we would see online.

I only booked this cruise a few weeks ago, so not sure how long everything has been "sold out" for....

@Traveller_CheriI was told the same thing, but later that evening, I was able to get on the excursion I wanted. I go on line almost everyday and check when I am looking for something. Decide exactly which excursion you want and stalk it! Sometimes for some reason, a few seats will open up at night. I would keep checking. I got the explore Paris with the Louvre drop off. I hate that they don't have enough opening but my advise is to keep checking. Good luck:)

I've totally been stalking it lol...like I leave the page open on my phone and hit refresh and have a look a few times a day.  I bought 2 tickets for the Bustronome when they popped up, but would prefer the Paris with Louvre drop off.... I think.  But figured I'd be better snap up the Bustronome tickets when they appeared.  Also looking for the Mont St.Michel tour for Chebourg.  Hopefully all the stalking pays off!   I've never experienced sold out excursions to this extent before.   Our final payment date is April 1st, so wondering if people might change their minds about the cruise and cancel before then and create more openings. I've read the "eat Crepe's" excursion description way too many times (since its available) and just don't think I can spend a day on this 😉.  

Lol...I bet those were my 2 tickets that popped up. Was it about 2 weeks ago? I think I  cancelled on 01/11. They stayed available for a few days and then I noticed they were gone.  I had those just incase I couldn't get the tickets I really wanted. I grabbed those hoping a third would pop up because I needed 3 tickets. there was only one of the Louvre drop off available at the time. I stalked it and late that night, the louvre opened 2 more tickets so I cancelled my (2)  Bustronome tickets and grabbed all 3 Louvre tickets. We are going to spend 3 days in London, so we are going to do the Bustronome tour they have. I hope you get the tickets you want. On the ship we booked Chops Grill for Lunch and Dinner and we also book the Taste of Royal Lunch experiance. Only 96 days to go. Super excited

I will post if I'm successful 🙂 with the tour stalking.  Got the bustronome tickets this week, so someone else must have switched things up too - gratefully.    I haven't looked at the onboard restaurants yet, enjoying dragging out all the research and kind of relishing every bit of it.  So I'll add restaurants to our list!   We're from Canada, and its pretty cold and wintery here currently.  Enjoying the trip on the horizon.   We are spending 3 days in NYC ahead of cruise, and then have to fly back from England on day of disembarkation.  Maxed out our time away for this vacation, hard not to want to keep adding to it!    If I have any more excursion updates, I will post again here. Happy trip planning! 

• 2 weeks later...

My cruise to Le Havre in June just opened up more excursions as most to Paris were sold out.

Has anyone ever taken the train to Paris from Le Havre before? I'm deciding between that or booking a bus through Royal Caribbean that drops you off there. It looks to be direct and takes 2 hours 20 minutes with departures and returns throughout the day.

20 minutes ago, JennaRCB said:

My cruise to Le Havre in June just opened up more excursions as most to Paris were sold out.

Has anyone ever taken the train to Paris from Le Havre before? I'm deciding between that or booking a bus through Royal Caribbean that drops you off there. It looks to be direct and takes 2 hours 20 minutes with departures and returns throughout the day.

I might be a bit risk-adverse, but no way would I travel that far from the ship without being on a Royal excursion. I'd be stressed all day about getting back in time! 😄 

There are often train strikes in the summer. They let you know ahead of time which trains won’t run, but it’s much easier to navigate if you have friends in Paris who can check the news for you. We’ve ended up with long waits for routes that usually run every hour. For a one day trip, I would probably stick with a Royal excursion. 

4 hours ago, JennaRCB said:

Yeah I think I will stick with the Royal excursion then!

good idea! If for some reason you don't get an excursion, try a travel agent, they will be able to set you up with a safe excursion. The excursions the ship offers are the same one the travel agents use. I think since you are that far away from home, you should try to stick with the ship if possible. I would not venture out on my own. That just me:)