Onboard Activities and Entertainment

kas4488

Even for Oasis and Quantum class that did offer advance reservations in the past, they too have had to limit reservation to onboard.

The cruise planner can't accommodate vaccinated only shows versus everyone shows and ensuring that only eligible folks book vaccinated shows.

Only people willing to share their vaccine status are known to be vaccinated and it hasn't been fully proven until they check in at the terminal.  Only the ship has a true and proper accounting of who actually is vaccinated versus who is claiming or estimated to be vaccinated in advance.

Having to straighten out a family with unvaccinated children who booked a reservation in advance for a vaccinated only show would be a mess on board.  People are already confused, trying to get the public to understand this in advance would be challenging.

This approach also allows them to adjust show capacity reflecting the situation that week versus trying to guess what it might be like 2 months from now.

Unfortunately it's simply better to handle all reservations on board right now. 

Even the procedure for making reservations for shows varies by ship.  On the Odyssey, I was able to do it at Guest Services.  On the Oasis, the lady directing the queues wouldn't even let me get past her to the desk.  She insisted I do it by calling the Box Office which did not open until I got to my stateroom at 2PM.  On the Jewel, I went straight to phone reservations, I did not even try to book at Guest Services (maybe I should have).