Specialty Restaurant Surcharges

SimGuy

1 hour ago, SimGuy said:

I have the UDP for my Allure cruise. Other than the mandatory 18% gratuity, are there other add-on surcharges for certain specialty restaurants?

In theory they charge you $10 or similar if you order multiple entrees, however, reports vary widely if that is enforced.  Other possible extras are ordering "premium" options (lobster and a few others in Chops for example) or going over your allowance per visit in venues like Playmakers/Portside BBQ ($20 per visit, per person) and Izumi Sushi ($35 per visit).

We have had UDP multiple times and always ended up with a $0 receipt at the end.

1 hour ago, SimGuy said:

I have the UDP for my Allure cruise. Other than the mandatory 18% gratuity, are there other add-on surcharges for certain specialty restaurants?

Gratuity was already paid for when you purchased the package. At most specialty restaurants you should end up with a $0 bill.

Izumi hibachi does charge a $10 surcharge if you choose to dine there ($15 if you choose a 2 meat combo).

If the specialty restaurant menu has no prices on it other than a few items, those specific items will cost extra even with the UDP.

If the entire menu has prices, then it's considered an ala carte venue and there is a $ limit per person per visit which depends on which restaurant it is ($20 at Playmakers and Portside BBQ, $35 at Izumi sushi).

Remember, UDP can also be used at Johnny Rockets. Milkshakes are not included with the dining package, though, so that would be a surcharge EXCEPT if you have the Refreshment or Deluxe beverage package. Then milkshakes are included.

7 minutes ago, SimGuy said:

Yes, if the service was better than average.

The service we had all the specialty restaurants was outstanding and rewarded as such. 

An extra $5-10 was usual depending on the venue. 

I understand what saying. 

But we're already paying about $12 from automatic gratuity for 2 people per restaurant. 

And waiter basically just bring us food. No extra service. We don't even buy wine. 

Just trying to see what extra could be for. 

1 hour ago, Vlad said:

Guys, just want your opinion. 

If I've paid already 18% gratuity during purchase of package. 

Do you give more tips at the specialty restaurant? 

I always do but I'm also always using the UDP or in Star Class which makes it more difficult to actually put a dollar figure on each meal as the price I paid for the package is the same, thus the gratuity is the same, no matter how many times I end up using the package during my cruise.