Price Difference of Staterooms

Laurac22

Assuming a 7-night cruise? Something less than $1k. Depends on my mood and how good a deal it is.

Yes Matt 7 nights on the Harmony group cruise. We booked a JS, but the more I thought about the price difference, (which could pay for most of the additional trip expenses) also the fact that we have an accessible cabin which is already larger. And what little perks you get with a JS, I just couldn't justify it. Moved to a D4 on deck 9.

Thank you for replying

I agree that the few perks for the JS are hardly worth it UNLESS you can manage to get one of the aft balconies with the jinormous balconies.

Of course, the O class ships have NONE of these big balconies so it isn't even an option for that class.

Unless you really need the double points or getting into the Coastal Kitchen for dinner is a big incentive, there isn't really a huge benefit to getting the JS on the O class.  I think that is one reason why I see so many JS left unsold on so many of the O class sailings.  It seems that the big suites go REALLY fast (especially the Star class) but those JS sales are really lagging - at least, it seems that way to me.  The JS is nearly double the price of an oceanview balcony.  I don't see the value there.  Either they are going to have to add some perks to that suite class or lower the prices.  IMO.

I agree with Matt. $400 to $500 pp is reasonable for us on Oasis class. Of course you have to consider the hidden cost. The JS is the gateway drug to suite life and you will pay dearly down the road when you "just once" have to stay in a grand suite, then an owners suite... of a sudden you have a royal genie at your barefoot beach cabana on labadee while the consierge is coordinating a predinner party in your aqua theater suite.

Seriously though, we really enjoy the extra space! I'm a bit of a neatnik and it seems easier to keep up a larger area. The JS is just large enough to enjoy room service inside the cabin and the sitting area is nearest to the balcony which is important to me.

Like FloatMe I also enjoy the extra space the JS provides.  On our last 6 cruises we have had a JS,  one one occasion had a GS,  and some of them they were upgrades at the last minute from an Ocean View Balcony at a real good price.  We like the room size,  the walk in closet and full size bathroom and the double points have pushed us into the diamond tier much faster.  To us it is worth the price difference.

OK, what is this about "double points for a junior suite"? Is this something new?

Not new. Although, you get virtually none of the other suite perks, you have always received double points for staying in a junior suite. I have not heard any specific rumors, but I would expect that to change sometime in future. I heard they had 2000+ diamond members on an upcoming harmony sailing.

I agree that the few perks for the JS are hardly worth it UNLESS you can manage to get one of the aft balconies with the jinormous balconies.

Of course, the O class ships have NONE of these big balconies so it isn't even an option for that class.

Unless you really need the double points or getting into the Coastal Kitchen for dinner is a big incentive, there isn't really a huge benefit to getting the JS on the O class.  I think that is one reason why I see so many JS left unsold on so many of the O class sailings.  It seems that the big suites go REALLY fast (especially the Star class) but those JS sales are really lagging - at least, it seems that way to me.  The JS is nearly double the price of an oceanview balcony.  I don't see the value there.  Either they are going to have to add some perks to that suite class or lower the prices.  IMO.

I totally agree with you. The double points was very tempting, as that would push us into diamond, but that just wasn't incentive enough. The room size isn't a big deal, because we require an accessible cabin and that is about the same size. Do miss the closet, but don't get the bathtub, because of the roll in shower. Soooo JS just doesn't make sense. Unless we get Some EXTRA PERKS!