MDR Tables

23 minutes ago, stevendom57 said:

I'm not normally an outgoing person but I have enjoyed sitting at a table with three other couples for dinner in the MDR. With covid, has the ability to sit at a shared table ended, limiting us to tables for two?

No dining with anyone outside of your party as defined by your reservation. 

12 hours ago, wordell1 said:

Interesting, was this a group you put together or did Royal do it?

Royal. We went to see where our table was as soon as we got on the ship. It was a table large enough for 8. They asked if we'd rather have a table for 2 but we said no we like a group table but that based on comments we'd heard from others on blogs that we would not be able to sit with people not traveling with us. They said that was not true. We came back to dinner at our 8PM time and met another couple from Texas and a couple from Massachusetts.  There were at least two other tables with mixed parties because we saw couples we met at the pool that were sitting with others not in their party. Every other table or so was kept empty. 

6 minutes ago, MAS63 said:

Royal. We went to see where our table was as soon as we got on the ship. It was a table large enough for 8. They asked if we'd rather have a table for 2 but we said no we like a group table but that based on comments we'd heard from others on blogs that we would not be able to sit with people not traveling with us. They said that was not true. We came back to dinner at our 8PM time and met another couple from Texas and a couple from Massachusetts.  There were at least two other tables with mixed parties because we saw couples we met at the pool that were sitting with others not in their party. Every other table or so was kept empty. 

Great news for those that enjoy meeting new people.  I'm happy they are starting to loosen some of the social distancing rules.

I’m the type that prefers to eat alone when I travel solo…I think it’s because I like to eat at my own pace and would rather not engage in conversation while dining. But, that’s just me. 
Also….with what’s going on now, I’d rather play it safe. I saw a story of a couple who were seated with others for dinner and someone in the other group ended up testing positive the next day. The couple were quarantined in their cabin because they were considered ‘close contacts’ as they spent more than fifteen minutes at the same table…even though they subsequently tested negative and weren’t part of the other person’s traveling party. Maybe I’m a little overly cautious, but I’ll do whatever I can reasonably do to mitigate my chances of getting placed into lockdown. But again…that’s me.🤔