Recommend an exclusive RCCL travel agent that can provide the lowest quote

Big Red1

There's "lowest price" and then there's "best value".  Those terms are different for everyone.  Some people insist on getting Onboard Credit (OBC) from their travel agent (TA) and some would rather have more personalized service (you rarely get both together).

Some of the online agencies do large group bookings and are able to offer a somewhat reduced cruise fare, but using an online agency can have its drawbacks.  For one thing, some of them do not participate in the Royal Up program (Costco, for example), which allows you to bid on upgraded cabins.  Sometimes (but not always) it is difficult to establish a personal relationship with the online agencies b/c they only have a call center number to call and you get whoever you get when you call.

MEI Travel is the sponsor of this blog and many of us use them and love the service that we get.  Are they exclusive to Royal Caribbean ?  No, but they certainly get a lot of business for Royal and they know the ropes.

I use Michelle Cunningham

Michelle Cunningham, CTC
Certified Travel Consultant

[email protected]

Off:         571-479-4775  

Mobile:  703-881-2727

Office Hours: Mon - Fri 9:00 am - 4:00 pm (EST)

Saturdays by appointment

Sharla is also also a local favorite and frequents these boards.  Someone can hopefully provide you with contact information for Sharla or some of the other GREAT MEI agents.

Good luck !!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this recommendation. I will definitely contact MEI Travel for my next trip.  We use Costco Travel and it has been a pain to deal with them.  Costco Travel has its perks in the form of costco shop cards, and when they used to offer "buyer's choice" cruises where they comped a couple of items (typically free soda package, 1 dinner for 2 at one of the restaurants, plus extra goodies) but I think buyer's choice is now a thing of the past. 

Another plug for MEI.

What we love most is how responsive our agent is….she gets back to us amazingly fast even when we read things incorrectly on Royal’s website and email her.  We’ve never been made to feel ignorant for our mistakes.  That in itself means a lot to us. 

Here’s an example:

As we cruise more, we learn what we like and don’t like.  While on Freedom this past week, we decided we wanted a different cabin than the one we had booked on Grandeur next January.  I emailed her one evening asking about changing (and misreading things on Royal’s website in the process). 

She replied quickly and clarified the details.  As simple as saying “yes please”, we were booked in the exact cabin we wanted. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2021 at 9:40 AM, teddy said:

Another plug for MEI.

What we love most is how responsive our agent is….she gets back to us amazingly fast even when we read things incorrectly on Royal’s website and email her.  We’ve never been made to feel ignorant for our mistakes.  That in itself means a lot to us. 

Here’s an example:

As we cruise more, we learn what we like and don’t like.  While on Freedom this past week, we decided we wanted a different cabin than the one we had booked on Grandeur next January.  I emailed her one evening asking about changing (and misreading things on Royal’s website in the process). 

She replied quickly and clarified the details.  As simple as saying “yes please”, we were booked in the exact cabin we wanted. 

who is your agent?