Starbucks not included in drink package?

cjappert

Did anyone notice that it now says the Starbucks drinks are not included in the package? was it always like this, because it didn't say that when I booked it...

A new line has been added to the webpage stating that the drink package excludes any beverages served inside licensed Starbucks stores,

• 1 month later...

We will be on the Allure in Jan. Does the Starbucks on-board accept the starbucks card (or app) for payment?

I have read that they do. However, while you can earn stars, I am not sure if you can't redeem rewards.

Check out this blog post: http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/questions/can-i-use-my-starbucks-gift-cards-royal-caribbean

• 6 years later...

I am cruising April 2024 on adventures of the Seas.   The deluxe drink package says it excludes beverages served inside licensed Starbucks stores.  Is this new?   I was on a cruise in February where I purchased the deluxe drink package and was able to order Starbucks.   

3 hours ago, Cinders said:

I am cruising April 2024 on adventures of the Seas.   The deluxe drink package says it excludes beverages served inside licensed Starbucks stores.  Is this new?   I was on a cruise in February where I purchased the deluxe drink package and was able to order Starbucks.   

Welcome to the message boards!

When a ship has an actual Starbucks dedicated or standalone venue the drink package doesn't work there.

When a ship offers Starbucks branded coffee beans at the onboard coffee venue such as cafe Promenade or in the Windjammer then the "Starbucks" coffee is included in the drink package.

Yes, it is confusing, but think of a retail store like Target that has a Starbucks inside the Target.  It's an actual Starbucks location but inside of Target.   That is an example of the type of Starbucks venue not included with the drink package when you are on a ship that has an actual Starbucks venue on the ship.