Jump to content

Cruise with Confidence #1 Refund


Recommended Posts

Hi all, I am after some help. Sorry about war and peace.

My parents were due to join us on a cruise on Voyager leaving Sydney on 18th March 2020, but due to the developing COVID situation on Radiance and Voyager on cruises immediately before ours, they took the option being in their 70s to cancel as they were not going to meet the health protocols that Royal came out with and received a 100% FCC.

Two days later the COVID situation all went down hill and the cruise was cancelled so we were able to get a refund, but they missed out.

I have tried contacting Royal to see if they can get a refund as they are certainly not going to be able to cruise any time soon, certainly not before the FCC runs out and Aussie borders are closed so no cruises until end of 2022 at the earliest but Royal keep saying no can do.

Any suggestions?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, soak01 said:

Hi all, I am after some help. Sorry about war and peace.

My parents were due to join us on a cruise on Voyager leaving Sydney on 18th March 2020, but due to the developing COVID situation on Radiance and Voyager on cruises immediately before ours, they took the option being in their 70s to cancel as they were not going to meet the health protocols that Royal came out with and received a 100% FCC.

Two days later the COVID situation all went down hill and the cruise was cancelled so we were able to get a refund, but they missed out.

I have tried contacting Royal to see if they can get a refund as they are certainly not going to be able to cruise any time soon, certainly not before the FCC runs out and Aussie borders are closed so no cruises until end of 2022 at the earliest but Royal keep saying no can do.

Any suggestions?

 

I hope I am wrong but in the past Royal has been VERY strict about that rule....if you cancel, FCC only.  If they cancel, FCC or refund.  I would be very surprised if they allow your parents to convert their FCC to a cash refund....unfortunately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not an expert here (and this all happened almost a year and a half ago??) but I have read here of people over 70 being able to transfer FCC to someone else?  I don’t think there is anything you can do this far down the line to get a refund for them but MAYBE they will be allowed to give you their FCC to use?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My suggestion would be to book one of cruises scheduled out of Sydney in December 2021 (The new short itineraries) using the FCC as given the COVID situation it will likely be cancelled by Royal and then you will be eligible for a cash refund. In the unlikely event the cruise does go ahead you can cancel up to 2 days before hand using 5he cruise with confidence policy and get a new FCC which will have a new expiry date.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, F1guynz said:

My suggestion would be to book one of cruises scheduled out of Sydney in December 2021 (The new short itineraries) using the FCC as given the COVID situation it will likely be cancelled by Royal and then you will be eligible for a cash refund. In the unlikely event the cruise does go ahead you can cancel up to 2 days before hand using 5he cruise with confidence policy and get a new FCC which will have a new expiry date.

I'll suggest this to them  I guess they would have to apply the full value of the FCC to the cruise for this to work?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/28/2021 at 10:29 AM, soak01 said:

I guess they would have to apply the full value of the FCC to the cruise for this to work?

Yes that is right, if it doesn’t cover the full cost of the cruise they will issue a new FCC for the remainder.

I think it would be best to book over the phone so the FCC can be applied without paying a new deposit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...