Are cruises currently sailing??

Is Royal Caribbean currently sailing or are cruises getting cancelled??  I'm scheduled for Oasis outta NJ mid October, i have read that normally can book on board activities around 60 days before cruise, I'm at 55 days and nothing??  its a 20th anniversary cruise and if there are issues, like to find out soon, so maybe can plan something else, getting a lot of different info but most is from Facebook so not sure if can trust??  anyone hear of any issues?? only cruise i heard had issues was a Carnival cruise.

They are definitely sailing.  I sailed Royal in the Bahamas a few week ago.

The entertainment on board cannot be reserved until you are on the ship (it’s due to Covid restrictions).  Have the Royal App downloaded and ready.  I was reading a post on this forum that you can use the app while waiting in the port to board.  If that’s true it could mean definitely getting what you want. I’m sure with the reduced capacity sailing it won’t be too difficult to book things anyway.

As far as Covid….virtually every cruise ship currently carrying passengers from US ports has cases of Covid onboard. Crew and/or passengers. How it’s being managed with the ships protocols is what’s important. No cruise has yet been cancelled due to Covid onboard. The CDC website has a list of all cruise ships sailing in the US and a color code system showing their current Covid infection status. As far as your sailing on the Oasis, just be sure you keep checking the Royal website to make sure you are aware of the necessary tests and documentation required to board as these change frequently. Also, restrictions on ports and excursions are also changing so be aware of any itinerary adjustments.

If you look around here, you will find many posts about the current cruise situation.  I would be especially vigilant at looking at all health protocols associated with your cruise I.e. vaccination and testing requirements.  RCCL is constantly changing them and can and will refuse boarding if they are not followed.