Tepanaki

krkloehn

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/menus/izumi-hibachi-menu-sample.pdf

You'll get the edamame, salad, rice and a choice of protein that includes chicken, beef or shrimp.  You can also choose from combos of steak and shrimp, chicken and shrimp, or scallops and lobster.  Then everyone gets to choose a dessert as well.

Royal has made this much more complicated than it needs to be.  What ship are you sailing?

While one can argue that Izumi Hibachi is a type of Teppanyaki restaurant but on Royal Caribbean the two are different at least in the venue name and menus used.  Royal uses "Teppanyaki Dinner" on the Izumi Hibachi menu so it further blurs the names.

Izumi Hibachi = Oasis Class, Freedom, Independence and Mariner. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/media-assets/pmc/content/dam/menus/en/teppdinner/TEPPDINNER.pdf

The base price in the cruise planner for an upcoming Harmony cruise is $38.99.  The base price in the cruise planner for an upcoming Indy cruise is $45.99.  The venue name used in the cruise planner for both ships is Izumi Hibachi.

For the "Izumi Hibachi" venue the menu was pretty easy to figure out.  The choice was "Classic" or "Premier Combo" for $4 more.  If you wanted some sushi with your Hibachi the right side of the menu showed the add on options for sushi.  The sushi cost is charged in addition to the base cruise planner price. 

Teppanyaki = Quantum Ultra (Odyssey and Spectrum)

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royal/media/royal/shared_assets/pdf/menu/Teppanyaki_Dinner_Menu.pdf

The base price in the cruise planner for an upcoming Odyssey cruise is $45.99.  The venue name used in the cruise planner is Teppanyaki.

For the "Teppanyaki" venue there are many more options and variable pricing.  However since the Izumi sushi venue is far away on another deck there is no sushi add on option at Teppanyaki. 

How it should work is the $45.99 cruise planner price of Teppanyaki is your allowance to spend.  

If I order Miso soup and vegetable rice (both complimentary), Origami $40 plus the Matsuri mochi sampler $6 I have reached $46 which is effectively my base cruise planner price.

If I order Chilled silken tofu $8, WAGYU A4 Superior top quality Wagyu beef $90 and Matsuri mochi sampler $6 for a total of $104 I owe an additional $58 above the cruise planner base price.

Maybe someone who has sailed Spectrum can let us know how their Teppanyaki experience went.

Footnote - Technically Harmony is supposed to be converting to the Teppanyaki name away from Izumi Hibachi name but we'll need to see her back in service to know if that's complete as there are mixed references for Harmony.  My March 2022 cruise on Harmony still has the venue as Izumi Hibachi.