Rainbow Reef Snorkel - Nassau, Bahamas

KLA

Just off of Majesty of the Seas... just wanted to write a quick review on the Rainbow Reef Snorkel. My friend and I booked this via Royal Caribbean on the Cruise Planner. The cost was $35 per person. We took a 30ish minute boat ride out the reef, and spent about an hour snorkeling. 

The pros: it's a great value for what you get. By no means the prettiest reef you'll ever see, but the variety of fish was impressive. 

The cons: it can get really pretty choppy and it's a strong current. I wouldn't recommend this for weak swimmers of those with young children, or if you are sensitive to motion and get motion sick.  

I don't think so.. I really want to get a GoPro for this type of thing. 

Doing more formal write-ups for the things I do have pictures for.. got a lot of great stuff on the Beach Loungers. 

You might also want to consider a waterproof/drop proof camera.  While they are bigger and heavier, they're much more durable and much cheaper than a GoPro.  You can also now find various mounts for them, too.  For example, I have a wrist mount for mine that simply screws into where your would mount it to a tripod.

• 7 months later...
3 hours ago, italianlace said:

Hello, thank you for posting your review on this excursion.  Do you recall if they provided life jackets or swim noodles? 

I think you will find that on all snorkeling excursions through Royal Caribbean the operator that is running the trip is required to provide a life vest for each participant. It's a liability issue. 

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Bill K said:

So i booked this. Then decided to google location. First thing to pop up was woman losses arm to shark attack back in june. Wife thinks i am crazy for still going..I am not worried about shark attacks. What kind of marine life can i see?

Apparently you can see sharks.

But seriously, we just saw tons of fish, which I loved.  It was like being in an exotic aquarium.

• 2 weeks later...