Royal Caribbean Blog

26 minutes ago, steverk said:

I also sense an acceleration of "other alternatives", and I also sense that DeSantis is really, really frustrated about it.

Unfortunately, I agree with @twangster that he doesn't have any real power in this case. 

Pressuring the CDC might cause them to open up.  On the other hand, it might cause them to take even more drastic action.

Industry and local gov't might be able to sue for financial loss or force an injunction leading to policy movement?   As there is not a level playing field for operation of floating hotels vs land based hotels.  

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So far the CDC has proven its blind to evidence, dumb to science and unwilling to see anything beyond its own limited knowledge. I'm not sure they'll even know.

Royal has stated the last antigen test on board will be timed so this can be used for the purpose of flying home.

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

Industry and local gov't might be able to sue for financial loss or force an injunction leading to policy movement?   As there is not a level playing field for operation of floating hotels vs land based hotels.  

I'm not a lawyer, so I can only observe that even if such a lawsuit were possible, it would take months, or even years, to wind it way through the courts.

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

While I cannot go on any of these, this just makes me happy to see.  What great news for Royal and the cruise industry.  Just fantastic to see ships sailing again with passengers!

I agree. The events of the last week plus has been such a refreshing change.

11 minutes ago, DH474 said:

What the ??? 

Welcome to the message boards.

There are recently announced cruises from nearby countries that aren't subject to the whims of the US federal government.

At the insistence of the US federal government I'm spending my vacation dollars outside the USA.

It's all part of the US government foreign aid plan to stimulate spending in other countries and help their economies. 

48 minutes ago, twangster said:

Governor roundtable discussion at Port Canaveral this morning.

Several cruise line execs with seats at the table including Michael Bayley.

Live streams available on some Orlando news outlets. 

Still listening but loving this roundtable.

https://www.clickorlando.com/video/news/2021/03/26/watch-live-gov-desantis-holds-roundtable-discussion-at-port-canaveral/