Brilliance 1054 experiences ?

Neesa

As I stated previously I pounced hard on the 2 bedroom grand or family suite on the Brilliance of the Seas, a summer sailing out of Tampa. 

I am at a loss to find a good photo of the little balcony but read on another site it is a poor excuse for a balcony, no privacy or room. 

Upon closer inspection it seems to be right next to the elevators also. I looked at the amazing cabin @Lovetocruise2002 has but I really like having the 2 bathrooms. The grand (1600) has a much nicer balcony though. So I made peace with the balcony/bathroom trade off.

It's a 7 day sailing so the noise above and from the hall is concerning, there are a few 2 bedrooms at the aft of the ship but not sure about the noise/vibrations from that location on the smaller vessel. 

I have this cabin on hold right now, I am reaching out to all you professionals for thoughts and maybe some pics? 

@twangsterPlease say you stayed in this cabin!! Thanks everyone?

11 minutes ago, Neesa said:

Upon closer inspection it seems to be right next to the elevators also. I looked at the amazing cabin @Lovetocruise2002 has but I really like having the 2 bathrooms. The grand (1600) has a much nicer balcony though. So I made peace with the balcony/bathroom trade off.

Lol.  I have this exact cabin booked on Jewel and I have heard the same complaints about noise coming from the centrum.  But I got a great price and it's a 5 night sailing so willing to deal with it.

For Brilliance, I wish you and I picked the same dates!  I grabbed the July 24th sailing and my TA was equally awesome as she snagged 1600 upon release, within minutes.  But I did an awful thing to her.  After giving it some more thought, I let go of 1600 and grabbed an OS instead.  The price was good and I've never done an OS before.  I also made peace with the smaller balcony in the OS because I figured that since it's just Hubby and I, we might do in room dining sometimes and the space in the OS is better for that.  1600 has a different configuration and while the balcony is fantastic, the cabin itself is smaller.

16 minutes ago, Neesa said:

It's a 7 day sailing so the noise above and from the hall is concerning, there are a few 2 bedrooms at the aft of the ship but not sure about the noise/vibrations from that location on the smaller vessel. 

I really should read the entire post before responding lol.  The 2 BDR Owner's suites at the back of the ship were on my radar as well.  They look awesome!  If I were sailing with my kids, it would be no brainer.  With just Hubby and I, I could not justify the price difference.  But you really get the best of both worlds with those cabins.  Unobstructed aft views and 2 bathrooms!!!  Win/win!

@Lovetocruise2002 to begin with I was thinkiing when I  booked it, I hope this is the one Sabrina is on! We have a Symphony in May (@Jill ) is on that one and then an Allure August 1 so June 19 was good recovery time lol! 

We have fun on the blogs so I can only imagine how much fun it is to actually be on the ship with our fellow RCCL blog community! 

Anyway, it makes sense with just the 2 of you to have transitioned from 1600 but it was because of your recommendation I considered 1600. 

I experienced the coveted 8188 on DCL on the larger Fantasy and sometimes the excessive soot and the exhaust smell (not so much the vibrations, but they were apparent) were a tiny bit uncomfortable, so on the smaller brilliance I was hesitant to do the OS 2 bedroom aft. We did not enjoy that huge aft balcony like we imagined we would.

But you do point out the price, I do feel the price of 1054 was really fair, over 1,000.00 savings from the 2 bed OS aft, so I really need to factor that into the equation. 

With no CK I most likely will purchase the DDP and the itinerary, just WOW! Well hopefully when our booking parameters widen we will be able to enjoy a Matt sponsored blog sailing, I constantly think bar 1 or 2 this is the greatest group of people around. So nice to have in these crazy times. 

Thanks so much, enjoy your newest cabin selection, take good care! 

Think Which One GIF

I truly think that if you can get over the narrow balcony (but find all balconies narrow unless it's Quantum or Oasis class) in 1054, then it would be smart to save the $1000 for other cruise planner purchases.  However, if balcony space is important to you, then splurge a bit and go for the 2 BDR OS at the back.  For us, the thing that really prompted me to change to the OS is that I don't know what cruising will look like next July.  If I do need to spend more time in my cabin, I would want the cabin space, hence the move to the OS.  We are normally cabin people anyway when we cruise so we don't mind spending a bit on extra square footage.

As far as noise from the centrum goes, I vaguely remember asking @twangster about this when I booked 1054 for Jewel.  I think he did have some thoughts, but not enough to deter me from not booking it on Jewel.  We'll wait for him to chime in. ?

Anything close to the centrum will enjoy the sounds of the centrum when there are events.  The centrum on this class does host a fair amount of activities beyond just musical acts.  

They do know how noisy the centrum is so they tend to stop loud activities in the late evening but during the day I'd expect to hear the faint sounds of the centrum in the cabin. 

44 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

We are normally cabin people anyway when we cruise so we don't mind spending a bit on extra square footage

Hahaha "cabin people" maybe that's a thing? That describes our little family also, now I know what to call it!! I agree, and at least it has where the balcony door can be open as opposed to just the panoramic windows. Okay, just placed my deposit with @Sharla

I will take pics and do a decent unemotional review to share! Thanks again (well maybe pics,) hopefully @twangster will be on my sailing, this way I WILL find him and invite him to take his amazing shots!

• 2 years later...
On 10/7/2020 at 1:55 PM, Neesa said:

Hahaha "cabin people" maybe that's a thing? That describes our little family also, now I know what to call it!! I agree, and at least it has where the balcony door can be open as opposed to just the panoramic windows. Okay, just placed my deposit with @Sharla

I will take pics and do a decent unemotional review to share! Thanks again (well maybe pics,) hopefully @twangster will be on my sailing, this way I WILL find him and invite him to take his amazing shots!

Hi @Neesa, I’m eyeing brilliance 1054 as an option for family sailing (multi generations) and the two baths and extra living space seem like they would work well. Do you (or anyone else from the boards) have feedback on the elevator noise situation? That’s the only concerning part to me, but maybe earplugs at night are worth it? I appreciate any insights you remember.

@NancyP Oh no, I never experienced this cabin....Royal canceled it on us one of our last cancelations. It probably isn't that bad as even on the Serenade the only people who seem to venture up to that deck are ones who are staying on that deck. I would anticipate some but very little loud guests bolting off the elevator, just stuff an extra towel at the bottom of the cabin door! Let us know how it works out, happy and smooth sailing!!