Best Price Guar with Final Payment Made

Good Morning,

I know Matt just posted information on this topic but I don't believe this issues has been addressed. 

If I book a cruise in July today, and the price goes down.  I know I will get a OBC for the difference.  What happens to that OBC if the Cruise is Cancelled ?

45 minutes ago, Dad2Cue said:

I think you go back to go and start over...or go to jail and pay $200 fine.  It depends on whose rules you play by but I suspect the OBC goes away.  ??

Thanks

Does anyone else have any other thoughts!  Maybe one of awesome Travel Agents.

@Matt's recent article about this stated that the OBC issued after final payment is non-refundable. As such, I would expect that if the cruise is canceled, that OBC vanishes into the ether. Same as if you were gifted OBC by your TA or Royal as a booking promo and it's labeled as non-refundable, and you then cancel the booking (or somehow don't manage to spend it all while on board).

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

@Matt's recent article about this stated that the OBC issued after final payment is non-refundable. As such, I would expect that if the cruise is canceled, that OBC vanishes into the ether. Same as if you were gifted OBC by your TA or Royal as a booking promo and it's labeled as non-refundable, and you then cancel the booking (or somehow don't manage to spend it all while on board).

Seems logical.  OBC is more like Monopoly money or at least it doesn't convert to anything remotely like real money.  That's why OBC is itemized separately from the real money. When the cruise ends or gets cancelled ... OBC is worthless.  I do like OBC that shows up in cruise planner and can be used before the cruise.  That's why I would advocate for some kind of cruise planner account that could be used on any cruise.