Deals 60% off

Guest toodle68

Guest toodle68

Just looking to confirm..  for the 60% off 2nd guest..  that means a room (1st person) that costs $1,500, for two people the cost would be $2,100 instead of $3,000?

Thanks.

Be careful where you find the $1,500 number. Royal Caribbean's web site averages out the per-person cost, factoring in the 60% savings on the second passenger. The price you see there already includes most of the sale pricing factored in.

If, for example, the price for a cabin were $1,500 per person, what Royal Caribbean's web site would show you is that it's $1,050/person (based on $1,500 for the first person, $600 for the second person, meaning a total of $2,100, or $1,050 per person).

When I do a mock booking this is what it shows me:

• Cruise$2,380.00
  • Taxes & Fees$158.37
  • Pre-paid Gratuities$121.50
  • Vacation Protection$119.00
  • 60% Off Guest 2-$714.00
  •  
Cruise price, taxes, & fees, grats, insurance and discount (60%).
It is my understanding and I could be wrong that the new sale is more about earing OBC. On this one I would earn $200 OBC x 2 (for second guest) but the price went up $100 from two days ago.
Candie

I'm guessing the 60% is based on full fare, which uses to be easier to determine because it was published in the brochures. So in essence, the 60% of the 2nd passenger is really a 30% off sale.

From what I remember, I think I saw that the 60%-off-2nd is slightly better than 30%-off-both when you have balcony discount.

With the 30% off sale, the balcony discount is also similarly reduced by 30%.

With the 60% off the second passenger sale, I got the full balcony discount because it was based on the first passenger's 100% rate.

Guest toodle68

Thanks all. Turns out it was all marketing and hype.. The price of the cruise/room has remained the same for some time.. but now when I book it shows the actual price of the cruise to be near $4,000 and with the 60% off, it is the same price is has always been...

I had had 2 cruises already booked before this sale both of which I got during another sale (let's call them promotions) which was a 30% the entire trip deal. In the end the 60% discount on the second person ended up being the same as the 30% off all passengers but the difference was (a) I only had to pay half the deposit so got a refund and ( B) each booking got a $200 onboard credit. For 10 minutes I spent on the phone it was worth $400 US of credit which will probably pay for either our drinks, our internet... or my coffee bill.

I had booked with 30% off deal. We have 5 ppl, 2 rooms. Applied 60% off when it came out - saved a ton YAY. Then the 100$ OBC was added and my travel planner simply added that to the reservation for each room. I think it differs by cruise and what you have going on with room etc.

You are absolutely correct, Deedee.  

Guest toodle68

We called RC to try and get the $100 on ship credit added since we booked on the 16th and the deal was 17-21 but they said because we had this imaginary 60% off, we could not get the ship credit..  even though it clearly states on the home page that it is 60% off AND ship credit.  I was going to cancel and rebook but when we go through a test booking, there is no ships credit applied..  it is all very confusing.  I emailed RC several days ago but it appears they do not respond to emails.  Have two outstanding, one from 10 days ago and another from 4 days ago..   The person we spoke to on the phone was not helpful..

Guest toodle68

So.. it appears you only get the ships credit if you do not get a discount via the crown and anchor rate..  I just tried to book without logging in and I get the OBC.. when I log in, I get the member discount but NO OBC..  which kinda takes away the discount for being a loyal member..