Maint Dining Room Seating

Bree

My fiancé and I booked our honeymoon cruise on Allure for January 8, 2017. We currently have early dining. We are sociable people, but for this trip we would like to sit by ourselves. What is the chance of having a table to ourselves? Can I request that we have our own table?

Should be no problem as WAAAYTOOO already said, and told you how to get a private table. But if for any reason that does not work, just talk to the officer in charge of the main dinning room on the first night and he /she will correct. The first night is open time and seating, you can go anytime and they ask you if you want to be alone or with a group.

I have not seen the first night as open time and seating if you are assigned to early dining ?

I would describe it as chaotic with people trying to rearrange and would absolutely agree with Todd that if you are assigned to a big table, talk to the head of the dining room and they will probably take care of you.

The dining room is actually one of our first "stops" on embarkation day to check out our table(s) and take care of any seating issues. A couple of cruises back they had my wife and I and my parents assigned to one table with our son (at the time aged 10) assigned to a different table on the other side of the dining room .... that would probably not have worked well. The management team took care of the problem and we were all set (except for a different issue) when dinner rolled around.

If you opt for "My Time Dining," you won't have any problem getting a table for two.  If you have fixed/traditional dining, then follow the advice of WaaayTooo and Todd to ensure that your request is noted and then follow-up once you board.

You can definitely make a request for a table alone.  Speak to the head waiter on embarkation day in the main dining room about it.  They will have posted hours, where you can go to make requests.

That being said, we are often seated alone even though I do not make any requests.  I have always assumed Royal Caribbean sees we have young kids and assumes no one would want to sit with us  :lol:

That being said, we are often seated alone even though I do not make any requests.  I have always assumed Royal Caribbean sees we have young kids and assumes no one would want to sit with us  :lol:

I though that as well, until our last cruise.  My family (wife & 9 and 7 year olds) were seated at a table of 8 - each of the the other couples had one person that happened to be elementary school teachers.  They enjoyed my children entertaining them. :)  Someone in charge of seating must have thought "this might work..."

Much better than one of my early cruises, where we were seated with 4 people from China that didn't speak English at all, and one Italian dude with his "girlfriend" for the week.  That was awkward.

I haven't had the best of luck with dining arrangements unless I've met the people beforehand online.  There always seems to be a mismatch with us.  I've actually had better luck at MTD and meeting people I enjoy just by chance.  On our honeymoon cruise, we were at a table of 8.  Half of us were newlywed, the other half were nearly dead.  Then on Disney, we were seated with a sexist pig.  Fortunately, he didn't show most nights.