Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

Who has dined at Tuscan Grille, on Summit or any other Celebrity ship?


Recommended Posts

So I realize my August 2nd trip is not looking as certain as I had been hoping just a couple of weeks ago, but I'm holding to hope and continuing to make plans while Covid-19 laughs.

Has anyone here dined at Tuscan Grille? Preferably on Summit, but will settle for on another ship. At $45 per person per-boarding, it's definitely pricey but it's also pretty much the only option that I can figure my entire family will like. I'll probably try out Sushi on 5 by myself or with my girls for lunch one day, but as dinner it's a no-go since my wife doesn't eat sushi or any kind of seafood. And I'm assuming QSine is much like Wonderland, which my wife did not particularly enjoy.

Is the menu worth the $45 a head price? What is the overall experience like, relative to land chains or dedicated Italian restaurants? Pretty much a given that I'm going to book this as my on specialty dining experience for the 2-week trip, just to continue the belated birthday celebrations, but I want to set some realistic expectations.

For the record, I've done the gamut from Olive Garden (blech!), to Macaroni Grill (pretty good when it was new, but gradually declined and now we have none in northern NJ), to dedicated places that cost me over $60 a head before any alcohol was factored in. (But damn, that was some good food, with white-glove service to match!)

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Andrew72681 said:

Would also love to know if anyone around has done the Le Petit Chef, were looking at that for Equinox this May. Used OBC for the three night dining package, it doesn’t look as gastronomically whimsical like wonderland which is a good thing for me. 

If you go over to cruisehabit.com, there is a review there of Le Petit Chef by Ric.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Andrew72681 said:

Ok cool. Yep, had confused people. I guess the never ending parade of days that all seem to be the same has gotten to me. 

And i didn’t think the Ric(k)s were the same either. If I remember from the periscope group @CruiseLifeRick is Cincotta and Rick from cruisehabit’s podcast is Rick Ross, sharing a name with the rapper. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We only ate at Blu, as we were in Aquaclass.  The next time we sail Celebrity, we're going to get a regular cabin so we can experience the MDR and the specialty restaurants.  

Honestly, I think the value is the same as you'd get on any cruise specialty restaurant.  Is the price worth it for Jamie's or Giovanni's to you?   Then I'd say yes.  If you think those are not worth the money, then I'd say no.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KathyC said:

We only ate at Blu, as we were in Aquaclass.  The next time we sail Celebrity, we're going to get a regular cabin so we can experience the MDR and the specialty restaurants.  

Honestly, I think the value is the same as you'd get on any cruise specialty restaurant.  Is the price worth it for Jamie's or Giovanni's to you?   Then I'd say yes.  If you think those are not worth the money, then I'd say no.

If we’re using RC as the bar for the MDR than yes. We’ve never had much lunch in the MDR on Royal so have taken to the dining packages. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andrew72681 said:

If we’re using RC as the bar for the MDR than yes. We’ve never had much lunch in the MDR on Royal so have taken to the dining packages. 

My understanding is the MDR on Celebrity is a MAJOR step up from Royal’s. Sincerely hope I’ll get to confirm it in a few months, especially when it will be my first chance to have Beef Wellington (a regular in the MDR menu on 7+ night sailings, from what I understand).

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JLMoran said:

My understanding is the MDR on Celebrity is a MAJOR step up from Royal’s. Sincerely hope I’ll get to confirm it in a few months, especially when it will be my first chance to have Beef Wellington (a regular in the MDR menu on 7+ night sailings, from what I understand).

You should have plenty of time to get to try everything on such a long sailing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...