When in Nassau, during the day, is it safe to walk from the port to...

Mikeb1892

I've been to Nassau twice. And while it's one of my least favorite ports, I would consider it relatively safe in the middle of the day. The more you walk around Nassau though, the more signs you will see that are anti-tourism. Nothing violent, more of campaign-like signs. However, It has been a little over a year since I've been, so I can't speak for the signs right now. Yes, it safe during daylight hours 

It seems safe during daylight hours. We will normally walk to the British Colonial Hilton and back without any issues. With that being said, I still don’t trust it & I am constantly on guard and very aware of my surroundings. I’ve seen stuff go down in Nassau. My $ is on a vehicular manslaughter incident before a person to person altercation based on the way they drive. 

18 hours ago, RickinSTL said:

You'll be fine.. the vendors hawking their wares are the biggest problem.. They wanted to braid my hair and I'm a fat bald guy.. ughh lol 

Oh this so much! There and Jamaica I couldn't go 5 feet without someone yelling that they wanted to braid my beard.  Or sell me brownies.  Felt perfectly safe though.