Free sushi on Allure?

jafo9

Hi all. I am a newbie to Royal Caribbean and have only been on one other cruise in my life over a decade ago.  We will be traveling on Allure of the Seas in about a month.  One of the things my husband and I loved from our previous cruise was the free sushi they would bring out at a certain time every day.  Boy, once we realized that schedule, we tried to be there each day!  It's our favorite.  Now my kids are going with us and they love sushi just as much as we do.  I definitely know about the Izumi restaurant and it's offerings.  I was wondering if there is a spot/restaurant for free sushi on board in addition to the restaurant with a charge?  Thanks so much for your help!  

Thanks!  I was afraid of that.  The only reason I thought to ask is because on the FAQ page of RCI, there is this Q&A:  So if there is no charge for sushi except at Jade and Izumi, where is the sushi that they don't charge for?  Certainly not a big deal - just thought I would ask.

s.gifs.gifs.gifs.gif
s.gif
s.gif
Food & Beverage
s.gif
s.gif

Q:  Is there a charge for sushi onboard? s.gif A:  There is no charge for sushi, except at the Jade specialty restaurant and the Izumi specialty restaurant.

I used to see it occasionally at lunchtimes in the Windjammer, but that was a long time ago.  IIRC it was on the larger ships that had a small, more Asian-inspired area for food (soup/broth at breakfast, that sort of thing), so I think it was Adventure.

We had sushi at the Windjammer on the Jewel out of San Juan last year. Ironically, it was served on Izumi plates. It was also available at the Jade section of he Windjammer nightly before the refurb. I have not seen complimentary sushi on ships with Izumi nor on Carnival ships with a dedicated sushi bar.

• 1 month later...

When we were on Liberty (Freedom class)in March  Windjammer had free sushi at night and main dining room offered limited sushi bar at lunch.  I was hoping for some free treats too on Allure, but it sounds like that is not to be. We'll start saving up for Izumi :)

It's only offered on those ships with a "Jade" section of the Windjammer.  Essentially, that means it's only offered on ships that do not have an Izumi.

To be honest, I don't think you're missing much as the sushi is made to order at Izumi and the "free stuff" is mass produced and refrigerated for quite some time before serving, which ruins it for me.  I just can't get over the cold rice when eating sushi and rolls.

To be honest, I don't think you're missing much as the sushi is made to order at Izumi and the "free stuff" is mass produced and refrigerated for quite some time before serving, which ruins it for me.  I just can't get over the cold rice when eating sushi and rolls.

Agreed.  Even if it was fresh, it's still pretty poor quality sushi.

• 5 months later...