Anthem is in NJ...any news?

Tom Cruises

We just got off. I expect that all issues have been resolved and everything will be “smooth sailing” from now on. I think we may have been just a tad late getting to port but everything went great with disembarkation.  I don’t recall Port Liberty having facial recognition last year but it was in place today and we breezed off the ship without even stopping.  It was really an easy disembark.  Everything on the ship operated normally. There seem to be zero issues related to last week’s problems. I would expect a normal boarding and cruise.

I wasn’t too thrilled with the 18 degree weather that greeted us but not much you can do about that in NJ in Feb !  Because it was so cold we decided to just grab a taxi to the airport rather than standing around outside in the cold waiting for an Uber to show up.  UUUGE mistake.  $73. Our Uber ride over was $18.80.  Now I see why nobody takes a taxi anymore. How do they even stay in business ?  I guess they catch the few country suckers like us !

We had an awesome (even if abbreviated) cruise and we are SO glad we went.  It was basically a free cruise for us. They refunded waaay more to us than we expected (more than 50% of our cruise fare, for sure) and our FCC (also more than we expected)  has already been applied to our Oct 11 2020 Brilliance cruise. The reduced crowds (often a problem on Anthem) made walking on the Esplanade and waiting for elevators so much better. Our chance meetings with Yen made it especially enjoyable. 

Enjoy your cruise ! Anthem is awesome !

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

UUUGE mistake.  $73. Our Uber ride over was $18.80.  Now I see why nobody takes a taxi anymore. How do they even stay in business ?  I guess they catch the few country suckers like us !

I live in Orange County, NY a little "upstate" about 90 minutes from Cape Liberty and the taxi service has always been subpar around here, soooooo glad to finally have decent Uber/Lyft service.

One night, leaving a bar with my wife as the Uber pulls up I notice that obvious taxi yellow color. Didn't think it was for us until I matched the car and plate to what Uber was providing. Yep, the guy was moonlighting in his taxi as an Uber driver. 

Cannot beat them, join them he said... Smart man.