Room access?

No personal experience, but I've read many many times over the years that guest services will do this once onboard.  Families with more than one room get their cards programmed for all their rooms.

Are you sure about this? In the past when we've done it to get access to our boys' room, they gave us separate cards marked "EXTRA KEY" that was to be used for opening their room only (and wasn't a proper SeaPass card).

I have read of that happening as well.  Like I said I've never needed to do it, but I've read of it.  

Huh - this would explain the Sea Pass we found labeled "Extra Key" in our stateroom from a previous sailing that confused us. 

So, it's real and it does happen I guess! 

A couple of weeks ago the wife and I had separate cabins (to get the double points) that were close, but not adjoining and we had a separate card that stated extra key for getting into the other cabin. It works well and is easy to acquire at guest services.

A couple of weeks ago the wife and I had separate cabins (to get the double points) that were close, but not adjoining and we had a separate card that stated extra key for getting into the other cabin. It works well and is easy to acquire at guest services.

Wondering, was separate cabins cheaper than a suite?

In this case separate cabins were cheaper.  About 5 times we have had separate cabins as they were $500.00 to $1500.00 (total for two cabins) cheaper than a Jr. Suite. And you get double amenities.  You do need to have more than 340 points to pay 1 1/2 times for the cabin and not double for a single.  When you are making the push for Pinnacle you try and find all the creative ways to sail less expensive to get those double points. Two of the five times the rooms were adjoining which makes it better. We just did four of them this past February and March.  Make Pinnacle in three weeks, so no more separate cabins and probably no more Jr. Suites.  Ocean view or balcony, does not matter any more .