Dining without Others

devbak150

Hello, I thought someone had posted an email to request a table with out other guests, but I cannot find it.  We are sailing on Monday!  YIPEE.  I am a bit self conscious about eating so wanted to get a table for just us.  Also,  Monday is my birthday!  YEAH! Anything special they do (dessert or anything else outside of dining on the ship when it is your birthday).  

We are the same way. I don’t care for making small talk with strangers so we have always requested private tables.  It should not be a problem.  Just tell the host/maitre’d that you prefer a private table.  Also, some of 2-tops are place in rows where, even though they are only for 2, they are so close together that you might as well be sitting with others.  Ask them kindly for a PRIVATE 2-top.  If you are not happy with the table at which you are placed, ask them to please find another table. Don’t accept one that you aren’t happy with.  You may have to wait, but you will probably be happier with a table at which you are comfortable. 

I suggest to go to the MDR when you get on the ship after embarkation.  Ask the head waiter for a two top and they should do their best to get you one.

I did this last summer and it worked great.  We had MTD and since we got a "reservation" (through the cruise planner) at the same time each night we were able to sit at the same table and have the same wait staff every night.  It was great! 

2 hours ago, devbak150 said:

Monday is my birthday

If you noted this during your booking, the will already have something set up. Check with your waiter just in case. If you didn't, they can probably do something anyway as long as you let them know at the start of dinner.

For any dining request, I recommend heading to the station at the entrance to the MDR.  There should be someone there as soon as boarding starts.  Just let them know what you'd like.  Unless traveling with a group, whenever we've had fix seating/traditional dining, we always request a two top, and out of hundreds of nights at sea, we once dined with another couple on the first night (though we could have just gone to another venue if we wanted).

On 12/5/2019 at 5:17 PM, devbak150 said:

Hello, I thought someone had posted an email to request a table with out other guests, but I cannot find it.  We are sailing on Monday!  YIPEE.  I am a bit self conscious about eating so wanted to get a table for just us.  Also,  Monday is my birthday!  YEAH! Anything special they do (dessert or anything else outside of dining on the ship when it is your birthday).  

When we had MTD the default was a separate table of our own.  As already posted, you can square things away with the dining room on Day 1, if necessary.