cadu43

cadu43

I have been on Oasis in December 2018 & Harmony in April 2019. Oasis, Harmony, Allure and Symphony all all sister ships sister ships when I was on Oasis and Harmony  i did not think that they were crowded at all. There is sooooo many things to do on the Oasis Class ships that I don’t think you will even see all of the guest that are onboard your sailing expect for on embarkation/disembarkation day & when dining in the main dining room (MDR).

Also you might see a lot of guest of you when getting off the ship @ the different ports of call & not only will you see other guest that are on the same ship as you, but also you will see a long line of people that are on different ships that are also @ the same ports of call when your going thru security to get back on the ship @ the ports of call.

1 hour ago, Bakerette said:

I have been on Oasis in December 2018 & Harmony in April 2019. Oasis, Harmony, Allure and Symphony all all sister ships sister ships when I was on Oasis and Harmony  i did not think that they were crowded at all. There is sooooo many things to do on the Oasis Class ships that I don’t think you will even see all of the guest that are onboard your sailing expect for on embarkation/disembarkation day & when dining in the main dining room (MDR).

Also you might see a lot of guest of you when getting off the ship @ the different ports of call & not only will you see other guest that are on the same ship as you, but also you will see a long line of people that are on different ships that are also @ the same ports of call when your going thru security to get back on the ship @ the ports of call.

2 hours ago, cadu43 said:

My daughter said friends went on Symphony of the Seas and felt it was crowded much of the time. We are going on her for New Year's cruise. What have others experienced on this ship?

The flip side of larger ships, which offer multiple venues, is the smaller ship.  I remember a New Year's cruise on the Grandeur, and everyone was packed into small areas - like 500 in a space for 100 -- whether Deck 6 bars, the Centrum, or the pool deck.  Now that was crowded.  I recall a chocolate buffet at midnight where the line on deck 4 went all the way to the bow (the stateroom hallway).  I would expect crowds at particular times, but larger ships have more spaces as @Bakerette has stated.  I have generally found Central Park to be free of crowds and very relaxing....

Hi @cadu43!

We have only been on Allure to date as far as Oasis class (May this year). We actually found Allure to be less crowded due to the ship's neighborhood design compared to when we sailed Majesty, Explorer and Liberty! Many, many more places to disperse the crowds. We've walked many times through Central Park and the Boardwalk with only a handful of people congregating or passing through (excluding those in the restaurants of course). We found those neighborhoods to be excellent ways to traverse the ship!

There will always be crowds on the pool decks on sea days, or in the Windjammer at common meal times, around the elevators during meal and show times, near the entertainment venues around show times, etc.

It also depends on when you sail and I'm going to guess that a New Year's cruise or a cruise taken during the summer or during a school break could be be a little more crowded (especially with school/college aged passengers). I'm only guessing that the ship will sail even closer to capacity during those periods.

Have a great time and please give us your feedback/experience. My wife and I would love to also do a New Year's cruise in the next few years (our friends frequently cruise over the New Year, but on another cruiseline)! We love the Oasis class so much we booked Oasis for next MAY and Symphony for APR 2021!

I have not been on Symphony as of yet but we have been on Oasis and during spring break.  It was packed to capacity both times that we were on it, that being said there were times that you knew how packed the ship was, but for the most part it really was not bad!  Of course there will be times that things will get packed such as if you try to get off of the ship when it first arrives in port. (We usually try and wait a few if our excursion allows for it) When something lets out of the theatre and there is another venue that is waiting for it, elevators at prime times, there are a few other situations that it may get crowded but for the most part it really was not that bad.  Yes you will need to have some patience, but the lines that I have waited in on an Oasis class ship have not been much worse than I have waited in being on one of the smallest ships (Majesty) in the fleet.  

5 hours ago, cadu43 said:

My daughter said friends went on Symphony of the Seas and felt it was crowded much of the time. We are going on her for New Year's cruise. What have others experienced on this ship?

Went on Symphony  March 20, 2019 over spring break, and no issues with crowds, except the 2 for $20 t-shirt sale. That was really busy and crowded