Miami hotel with Parking

DaveD

We are driving down from Ontario and want to arrive either in Miami or close by the day before the cruise. Looking for either a hotel and parking in Miami.  Or, a hotel  possibility of a hotel within an hour of the port and then parking near the cruise port.  Any suggestions are very welcome.  Thanks 

When I drive I usually just park at the port for convenience.  It's a little pricey at $22 a day but can't be beat for the time it takes to get the car and leave.  There are some park and cruise Miami hotels but it's a hassle with the shuttle and they're still not enough of a price savings over just parking yourself at the port and paying a normal room rate.

I would avoid downtown and Brickell for hotel stays as you will end up paying to park your car at the hotel.  The Doral/west airport area is close enough to the port where you wouldn't have a long drive in the morning and you can find a reasonably priced hotel with free parking and included breakfast. The Hyatt Place there did use to do a Park, Sleep, Cruise rate but again you're dealing with crowded shuttles and your room rate will be more to cover the parking expenses.