Golf Clubs

bmatrose

I'm sailing on Empress next June and since we live driving distance from the port, my wife and I plan to bring our golf clubs so we can play in Bermuda.  I understand its easy getting the ship on board the first day, just mark it with luggage tags for the room.  But does anyone have experience with taking them on and off the ship at Port.  I would think its a pretty awkward process to get them back on the ship.  Does anyone have experience?  Thanks

Ive never done it, but I can say I have seen people carrying their clubs on and off the ship. Depending on the size of your bag ( staff/cart/carry) its as awkward and annoying as it ever is, with the added inconvenience of getting them off and on the ship through the scanners, and youd have to lug them around port to and fro.  Might be worth checking with the golf shop, where you plan to play, and inquire about rental sets? Unless, like me, youre not mentally prepared to play with who knows what kind of clubs....lol .

They just go through the metal detectors when you get back on the ship.  I've seen folks bringing them back before.  No issues.

My bigger concern would be checking them as luggage onto the ship.  The luggage carts get stacked pretty high and if you care about expensive golf clubs surviving being thrown around, you may want to consider just carrying them onto the ship.