Harmony - RCI merchandise

raahc

Hello everyone!

1/ I recall merchandise being on sale the last day of our cruise.  Is that correct?

2/ I also was interested in buying some cups that have a lid and straw attached with the RCI logo like the picture attached (not the ones with a handle). 

Has anyone seen these on Harmony, and if so where?

3/  Has anyone see the CocoCay cups on Harmony?  Wondering if I would have to purchase it at CocoCay only.

Thanks!

CocoCay cup.jpg

6 hours ago, raahc said:

Hello everyone!

1/ I recall merchandise being on sale the last day of our cruise.  Is that correct?

2/ I also was interested in buying some cups that have a lid and straw attached with the RCI logo like the picture attached (not the ones with a handle). 

Has anyone seen these on Harmony, and if so where?

3/  Has anyone see the CocoCay cups on Harmony?  Wondering if I would have to purchase it at CocoCay only.

Thanks!

On our Harmony cruise in September the $10 sale was mid-week and the T-shirt sale was on the last sea day.  However, the nicer T-shirts were sold in the logo shop, not on the promenade, and they were more expensive, e. g. 2 for $30 rather than 2 for $20. The T-shirt sale was short-lived (10AM to noon).   As stated by @KJones I don't remember seeing the Coco Cay cups on the ship.

7 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yes, generally on the last sea day there will be loads of sales items.

Thank you!

5 hours ago, KJones said:

I didn't see the Cococay cups available for purchase on Harmony when I was aboard a few weeks ago. Only saw them on the island.

Ugh, guess we'll have to buy them on our last day, which will be CocoCay.

Just curious, if our last day (Day 7) will be in CocoCay, is the sale still on Day 7?  

2 minutes ago, ChessE4 said:

On our Harmony cruise in September the $10 sale was mid-week and the T-shirt sale was on the last sea day.  However, the nicer T-shirts were sold in the logo shop, not on the promenade, and they were more expensive, e. g. 2 for $30 rather than 2 for $20. The T-shirt sale was short-lived (10AM to noon).   As stated by @KJones I don't remember seeing the Coco Cay cups on the ship.

Thanks for the info.  What is the $10 sale?  Will all these sales/dates be in the cruise planner?

1 minute ago, raahc said:

Thanks for the info.  What is the $10 sale?  Will all these sales/dates be in the cruise planner?

The $10 sale on the ship includes hats, scarves, watches, purses, handbags, etc.   The only thing I generally look for is a cheap sports watch, but lately the watch faces have been too large.  If you need a spare hat for a sunny day or a spare hand bag/phone bag, the cheap items can be useful.  There is another sale for $19.95 that includes watch sets, e.g., watch and wallet or watch and key chain or sunglasses.   These sales are announced in the Cruise Compass.  I am talking made-overseas-merchandise that you would use because you forgot to pack something (or lost it), or you wanted a stocking stuffer for the holidays (can you have too many wallets?).   The gimmick is that if you buy several items you get one free, or they stick your receipt in a raffle drawing for later in the cruise, etc.

There are other sales for more expensive jewelry and watches, but I don't partake in those.   Normally, everything on the ship is marked up so you won't spend real money unless something is truly unusual and strikes your fancy (or you have on board credit you are dying to spend).  Have a great cruise!

On 9/30/2019 at 1:52 PM, raahc said:

I also was interested in buying some cups that have a lid and straw attached with the RCI logo like the picture attached (not the ones with a handle). 

Usually there's a table set up on the Promenade selling all/most of the souvenir cups

On 9/30/2019 at 1:52 PM, raahc said:

Has anyone see the CocoCay cups on Harmony?  Wondering if I would have to purchase it at CocoCay only.

With the new cups, I've only seen it offered at CocoCay.

On 9/30/2019 at 9:10 PM, ChessE4 said:

The $10 sale on the ship includes hats, scarves, watches, purses, handbags, etc.   The only thing I generally look for is a cheap sports watch, but lately the watch faces have been too large.  If you need a spare hat for a sunny day or a spare hand bag/phone bag, the cheap items can be useful.  There is another sale for $19.95 that includes watch sets, e.g., watch and wallet or watch and key chain or sunglasses.   These sales are announced in the Cruise Compass.  I am talking made-overseas-merchandise that you would use because you forgot to pack something (or lost it), or you wanted a stocking stuffer for the holidays (can you have too many wallets?).   The gimmick is that if you buy several items you get one free, or they stick your receipt in a raffle drawing for later in the cruise, etc.

There are other sales for more expensive jewelry and watches, but I don't partake in those.   Normally, everything on the ship is marked up so you won't spend real money unless something is truly unusual and strikes your fancy (or you have on board credit you are dying to spend).  Have a great cruise!

Thanks for all the info, much appreciated!  

Our first time around, we waited until the last day and we bought useless things.  None of our family members like souvenirs (thank goodness).  We have a small OBC, so we'll have to think carefully ...lol

Counting the days .... thanks again!

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Usually there's a table set up on the Promenade selling all/most of the souvenir cups

With the new cups, I've only seen it offered at CocoCay.

Thanks so much Matt!  The sippy cups (as I call them) are what we're looking for.  CocoCay is on day 7, so we'll leave some OBC for the straw market.

Another question - if the sales are usually on the last day of our cruise, but we'll be in port, will they still have the sales on day 7 or change it to day 6?