Concierge for suite guests

ThyriC

Being about 60 days out until my sailing on Grandeur as a suite guest (yay suite life!).  

Is the concierge available if you board early to make reservations for specialty dining?  I cant make reservations through the cruise planner yet, it seems like it'll let me make MDR reservations but if I want to book a specialty restaurant, it wont let me utilize my unlimited dining package.  

So I guess my question is, should I utilize the concierge or should I high tail it to my restaurants of choice to get my reservations done?

I might be a little early in my embarkation route map, but I'm going to try to do my best to avoid the madhouse that is the windjammer on embarkation.

No, the Concierge is normally not on duty during embarkation. He/she should begin working around 4:00-4:30.  My recommendation is to ask for whatever reservations you want when the Concierge reaches out to you prior to the cruise - usually 5 days prior to cruise day.  That is really your best opportunity to coordinate with the Concierge prior to boarding.

3 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

No, the Concierge is normally not on duty during embarkation. He/she should begin working around 4:00-4:30.  My recommendation is to ask for whatever reservations you want when the Concierge reaches out to you prior to the cruise - usually 5 days prior to cruise day.  That is really your best opportunity to coordinate with the Concierge prior to boarding.

Our next cruise is in a suite. Other then our specialty dining reservations what other things can be arranged though concierge prior to boarding? 

48 minutes ago, CoupleOfCruisers said:

Our next cruise is in a suite. Other then our specialty dining reservations what other things can be arranged though concierge prior to boarding? 

Depending on the ship/itinerary, they can also handle show reservations, cabana rentals, and shore excursions for you.

We cruised on Grandeur several months ago in a suite. Absolutely loved it. Definitely take advantage of the concierge services. We were able to get 8pm reservations at a specialty restaurant on the first night by talking with the concierge on the first day, but I’m sure it depends on time and availability. If you know that’s what you want to do now, I agree with that it makes sense to do it when they reach out to you via email the week before. Have a wonderful trip!

10 hours ago, ThyriC said:

Being about 60 days out until my sailing on Grandeur as a suite guest (yay suite life!).  

Is the concierge available if you board early to make reservations for specialty dining?  I cant make reservations through the cruise planner yet, it seems like it'll let me make MDR reservations but if I want to book a specialty restaurant, it wont let me utilize my unlimited dining package.  

So I guess my question is, should I utilize the concierge or should I high tail it to my restaurants of choice to get my reservations done?

I might be a little early in my embarkation route map, but I'm going to try to do my best to avoid the madhouse that is the windjammer on embarkation.

We are on the NOV 08 Grandeur of the Seas sailing and are very interested in cruises compasses from the OCT 31 sailing.  If anyone can post the Cruise Compass it would be great.

Curt from Canada

9 hours ago, MO & LO on the go! said:

They can do pretty much everything the guest service desk can do and more.....without the long lines!

Been on 20 cruises don’t think I’ve ever used guest services or know what they are for! 

Oops take that back think they might have assisted us when my Mother passed away while we were on a cruise. She had not been with us but we wanted to disembark at next port and fly home. Think they help my DH make arrangements.