My time dinning as a suite guest

Cat mom

There is no advantage to waiting to reserve your MTD reservations. Sure, your Concierge can make them for you but there’s no advantage to waiting and asking them to make your reservations. The fact is, if you choose to eat at a very popular time and those times get booked up before your Concierge reaches out to you then there will be little the Concierge can do to accommodate you.

I recommend that you go ahead and book your preferred times and if, once you get on board, you decide to make some changes THEN get you Concierge involved.  I personally think it would be unwise to leave it all to chance without any reservations at all, particularly if you are choosing to dine between 6:30-7:30.  Those times get booked up rather quickly.

If you find that your preferred times are already booked or unavailable for booking (they sometimes restrict certain times from being booked ahead), then I would choose a reasonable second choice and then see if your Concierge can help, closer to sail date.

Remember as a Grand Suite and above guest, you can have any item(s) from the MDR menu delivered directly to your room no service charge (I do recommend a tip though).  I have also heard you can ask the Concierge to put in the request and it will show up at the time you ask (reasonably within +/- 5 min window). 

Don't know from experience if any of this is true, but i intend to find out in Nov to celebrate a big birthday.

Also don't know if that interests you but it seems to be an option, but I agree the sooner you book your times the more flexibility you have to get the time you want