Specialty Restaurant Reservation Help

travelling with 6 adults.  We purchased the two night bogo Specialty Dinning package.  I can't seem to be able to lock in a reservation on the website or on the app for the two nights.  When i called RC they said we must do that on the ship.  Seems like a weird process since you can individually book and reserve on the app and website.  But that is if you are paying for each night separately.  Thanks.  

6 minutes ago, doubleJ said:

travelling with 6 adults.  We purchased the two night bogo Specialty Dinning package.  I can't seem to be able to lock in a reservation on the website or on the app for the two nights.  When i called RC they said we must do that on the ship.  Seems like a weird process since you can individually book and reserve on the app and website.  But that is if you are paying for each night separately.  Thanks.  

When is your cruise? You could be too far out.

Typically the way these packages work, is they will set the first time and then you can book the second time once on board.  HOWEVER, the real process is that as soon as you get on board, go to any restaurant and change the reservations to the Restaurant and times you want.  I think the first one must be night 1 or 2 (for the BOGO package).  Still you should be able to get the time and date  you want if you go directly to a restaurant to change.

I have done multiple times and I think I lined up once.

Curt from Canada

I forgot to mention that the option to book specific dates and times exists, but not with discounted packages.  My guess is that night 1 and 2 are difficult to fill up their Specialty Dining Restaurants, therefore discounts are made to get at least some people booked into night 1 or 2.  Typically we take night 2 as it is often a Formal Night.

Curt from Canada

Just now, doubleJ said:

Well, I guess that is the process and the RC rep was correct.  The wife was super doubtful and questioned me a couple times, so I was checking with you all to protect myself from an unhappy wife ?.  Thanks!! @Curt From Canada

Best of luck ... although my soulmate and I are fairly laid back about vacations, cruising does take an extra level of preparation for the important things on your agenda.  We always take advantage of the discounts on Specialty Dining through advance purchases.  However, if we had not received coaching (from this site) on how to get the times and dates you want, we would probably pay the extra.  It is still a slight "gamble", but the early bird gets the worm on Specialty Dining Times.

Now you have someone to blame if it does not work.

?

Curt from Canada

It could be like when you have the UDP  :)  We had a lot of anxiety about waiting until we got on the ship, but found it was relatively easy.  On Anthem we boarded beside Wonderland and we went directly to their podium they had outside.  A staff member arranged our reservation for all restaurants, for all nights, & for all parties.  No hiccups at all  :)

Hubs and I had the UDP on our anniversary cruise.  I boarded with a list of restaurants with dates and times.  We went right to the rep in the lobby and booked most of our week.  We did end up changing one from a 2nd Chops to a 2nd Giovanni's and left one lunch and one dinner open to go where we felt later in the week.  It worked well.  Full price payers get to pick date and time first when they order on cruise planner.

21 hours ago, doubleJ said:

We purchased the two night bogo Specialty Dinning package.  I can't seem to be able to lock in a reservation on the website or on the app for the two nights

With any dining package, you have to wait to book reservations once on the ship. That's the "trade off" you make for getting a deal on the package.