Change of Heart for Waterslides on the Majesty ?

Never heard that. I am torn on the issue though.

Wate slides are fun and I like to ride them, great for families too. But I think they will look tacky. I like the way the ships look now, very sleak. Adding colourful slides will make the ship look like a floating carnival IMO. I really don't like the idea of them in the bordwalk of the Harmony. I really like the openness of the back of the Oasis class, having slides go down the center will ruin the tunnel effect I think.

Maybe I'm just being a old bitty, who knows, I do like riding them.

I'm with you, Jerel.  I am very concerned about the aesthetic affect on the Harmony.  I won't be using the waterslides but I'm sure it will be a big draw for many.  I have a girlfriend who chose Carnival JUST b/c they had waterslides for her kids...so I'm sure it will be a big plus for families with children.

I hate to see it ruin the beauty of the big ships though.  I kinda wish they would choose a class or 2 and leave the rest as-is.

I think though for Royal, since they are family ships, they will tend to go with entertainment

for families like slides still but they will get more creative with them I hope and not make

them so elaborate. When I was on NCL Escape, when looking at the ship from the ground

all you see are the Ropes course and the slides, just did not look right to  me

Well don't really like the look of Harmony with the slides on the back...seems really out of place to me.....at least with NCL and Carnival they are on top and near the pool areas.

I find it ruins the look of a very majestic ship from behind like that......but to each their own. It won't stop me..lol

Never heard that. I am torn on the issue though.

Wate slides are fun and I like to ride them, great for families too. But I think they will look tacky. I like the way the ships look now, very sleak. Adding colourful slides will make the ship look like a floating carnival IMO. I really don't like the idea of them in the bordwalk of the Harmony. I really like the openness of the back of the Oasis class, having slides go down the center will ruin the tunnel effect I think.

Maybe I'm just being a old bitty, who knows, I do like riding them.

I agree with you on this - They key word here being "Carnival" (was that intentional? Haha!) I remember looking at the back of a Carnival ship recently in Nassau and thinking, "Well, that just looks silly." At the same time, I think the Disney ship we were docked next to in Nassau looked really cool with the clear slide that went through the smokestacks. I guess it just depends on the execution?

I'm a fan of the water slides on the Carnival, but I agree that they just don't fit the elegant look of Royal's ships. In addition, it ruins the sight lines of the boardwalk and Central Park. Admittedly, though, a 10 deck high slide would be fun to ride.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had the same concerns of "tackiness" that many have expressed about the water slides. I'm changing my mind after seeing Liberty from the port yesterday. The slides are confined to a relatively small area and I liked the look of the small bit of extra color and the stainless steel, contrasted to the rest of this huge ship. I didn't have the perspective of seeing it from onboard, but I kind of liked it from afar. I'm sure this will be one of the most discussed topics with many varied opinions!

I had the same concerns of "tackiness" that many have expressed about the water slides. I'm changing my mind after seeing Liberty from the port yesterday. The slides are confined to a relatively small area and I liked the look of the small bit of extra color and the stainless steel, contrasted to the rest of this huge ship. I didn't have the perspective of seeing it from onboard, but I kind of liked it from afar. I'm sure this will be one of the most discussed topics with many varied opinions!

The pictures of the Liberty look amazing.  Makes me somewhat sad that I sailed her before rather than after the dry dock.