ICON Orlando 360

WannaCruise

Anyone done this excursion in Orlando?  From the description it sounds like a mix of an aquarium with a wax museum .  It comments about 40 attractions but not clear on what that is.

Would love feedback on the excursion (or on the place itself).

Trying to figure out our Orlando day (between space centre, Icon Orlando 360 or Disney Springs)

I live in the Orlando area and I have been to all of these attractions. 

The Icon Orlando 360 is an entertainment area that has shopping and restaurants and attractions around three main attractions.  It is in a tourist district and there are other attractions, shops and restaurants nearby as well including Ripley's which are with walking distance and even more (top golf, Mario Andretti's entertainment center) witin a short drive.  The three main attractions here include the Ferris Wheel (the Orlando Icon) it has AC and provides a great view of stuff nearby, Disney is a little far but you can see Sea World and Universal Studios fairly well.  It is located south of downtown Orlando and it takes about 20 minutes to make one trip around.  It is comparable to the Las Vegas Eye or London Eye.  There is also a Madam Tussaud's wax museum that is somewhat interactive that features mostly pop figures (movies and music and athletes) but also includes some historical figures as well.  Finally, the Sea Life Aquarium has one interactive area and features some local wildlife but also features sea life from around the world including some areas that have glass floors.  I am not sure what the excursion includes but on location the tickets can be purchased separately or as a package.  There is also a new attraction on site that has swings that go up at least a couple of hundred feet above ground.

Disney Springs is just an area outside of the theme parks that features a variety of dining, shopping and entertainment options.  There is a VR experience there called the VOID which is pretty cool.  There is also bowling, movies concert halls and more to entertain.  Some of the things to do are Disney related and some aren't.

The Kennedy Space Center is the closest attraction to the port and there is plenty of cool NASA and space related stuff there to see and do including a tour that goes near the launch pads.  One of the space shuttles is on display here.  You may have an opportunity to meet an astronaut as well.  I would probably recommend this as your top option unless it is not of great interest.

Hey @WannaCruise If You Are Looking To Do Some Things To Do In Orlando Here Are My Place I Really Enjoy In Orlando And PC

1. Fun Spot Orlando & Kissmee

I Know This Is Not On Your List But This Is A Place Witch Is One Of My Favorite Parks In The State. They Are Very Cheap To Go To And Have All The Fun Stuff Like A Ferris Wheel, Two Roller Coaster, Go Karts, And Thrill Rides. Also A Nice Thing About This Place Is That You Can Play Per Ride Or Buy A Armband That Get You On All Rides. 

2. The Orlando Eye @ Icon 360

It Is Very Nice And Has A Nice View Of Orlando.

3. KSC.  

It Is Very Nice And It Is The Closest To My Home And The Port. There You Can See The Space Shuttle, And More.  Also A Cool Thing To See In The Port Is Space X Drone Ship Of Course I Still Love You. And The Rocket Faring Catcher Ship Mr. Steven. 

4 .Helicopter Tour Of The Cape And Port

This Is Also In The Port. And Offer A Great View Of A Cruise Ship And The Whole Port And The Cape. 

Thanks for the replies.  So ICON Orlando would be a fun day?  (I know...a subjective question).  The Royal excursion costs $98.42/adult and $85.12/child (quoted in CAD).  The description mentions the aquarium and the wax museum so it looks like these are both included (plus transportation)?  It's hard to tell as the pricing on the website is different ...although they have these plus wheel for $50 USD.

We've been to Wax Museum before a few times (NY, Niagara Falls and California), but it's always fun to see.

Wish we had more time so we could visit Disney or Universal, but it's too pricey. Royal has transportation as an excursion.

I priced out Sea World as well as Royal transportation too but comes out to quite a bit for the day.

Disney Springs is an option to get a bit of a Disney fix in...but half of the excursion is visiting the outlet mall.  DD, DH and myself would like that, but DS would not be happy spending a day shopping.  Having said that, the VR attraction would be right up his alley!  

Feel like we should visit the Kennedy Space Centre, but TBH, that as well will cost us almost $500 CAD.  That's a lot for a day.

@Jaymac Radio , thanks for the suggestion for the Fun Spot theme park.  It seems like an option too.  It looks like it's also about 1hr drive?  So uber?

Quite torn....so the ICON Orlando seems like an option that might make a nice day.  That might be our best bet.

4 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

@Jaymac Radio , thanks for the suggestion for the Fun Spot theme park.  It  So uber?

Yes A Uber Would Do But If You Could All So Use A Shuttle To The Park! Here Is One Place I Found https://www.orlandoshuttleservice.com. It Does Not Have Fun Spot On The Web Page But I Did Read That They Will Take You Anywhere In Orlando. (Put In Universal In There Because The Fun Spot In Orlando Is Super Close To That Location) 

5 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

It looks like it's also about 1hr drive?  

I Takes Me And Hour And A Half To Get To Universal Which Is Close To Universal. 

3 hours ago, monctonguy said:

Check the hours for the Fun Sopt..it only opened at 2pm the day we went to check it out...

If You Go From May To September The 2th They Are Open 10:00am To Twelve Midnight.

Hope That Helps!!

Thanks for all the info. I'm actually looking at our cruise date in Orlando and Fun Spot hours and doesn't look like the park is even open on that day (a Tues in March).  Good option though for anyone travelling during open hours.

I talked with DH and he's actually thinking we do the Outlet and Disney Springs excursion.  That way, we can get a Disney fix in. Hopefully our DS won't be too bored but we'll be sure to do something at Disney that is fun and a treat always helps (even though he's 14...lol).  The excursion seems to have 3 hrs at the outlet and 2 hrs at Disney Springs.  Wish it was the other way around, but at least its transportation through Royal plus better than taking the regular Disney transportation and then having to uber to Disney Springs and back to the Magic Kingdom transportation centre  (which is what we were thinking of doing as an option).

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:35 AM, WannaCruise said:

Thanks for all the info. I'm actually looking at our cruise date in Orlando and Fun Spot hours and doesn't look like the park is even open on that day (a Tues in March).  Good option though for anyone travelling during open hours.

I talked with DH and he's actually thinking we do the Outlet and Disney Springs excursion.  That way, we can get a Disney fix in. Hopefully our DS won't be too bored but we'll be sure to do something at Disney that is fun and a treat always helps (even though he's 14...lol).  The excursion seems to have 3 hrs at the outlet and 2 hrs at Disney Springs.  Wish it was the other way around, but at least its transportation through Royal plus better than taking the regular Disney transportation and then having to uber to Disney Springs and back to the Magic Kingdom transportation centre  (which is what we were thinking of doing as an option).

That's weird that fun spot might not be open since Spring break in Florida happens for one county or another almost every of the month and if not he public schools the University is on break. 

For something different, I recommend visiting Winter Park and taking their scenic boat tour. It travels through the canals between the lakes, looking at beautiful/historic homes, nature, and the campus of Rollins College. You can take an Uber to that location, which is just off Park Avenue, full of sidewalk cafes and interesting shops. It's slightly closer than Fun Spot in terms of distance. The boats leave every hour on the hour between 10 AM - 4 PM, and adult tickets are just $14. It's very relaxing and scenic!
https://www.scenicboattours.com/

I highly recommend Kennedy Space Center. You'll never get another chance to see a Space Shuttle and Saturn V in the same place.

Instead of an excursion you can get an Uber from the port to KSC and buy your own tickets. It's probably less expensive that way. 

Icon is OK (some nice restaurants there) but I couldn't make a day out of it. 

2 hours ago, OrlandoC said:

I highly recommend Kennedy Space Center. You'll never get another chance to see a Space Shuttle and Saturn V in the same place.

Instead of an excursion you can get an Uber from the port to KSC and buy your own tickets. It's probably less expensive that way. 

Icon is OK (some nice restaurants there) but I couldn't make a day out of it. 

+1