Seapass card

So I’m going on my first cruise mid May. I have a question about the seapass card. When checking in I selected that I would do cash instead of using a credit card. The day that we arrive since I’m doing cash do I have to put a certain amount on it first or will it just continue to accrue and the last day is when I get my final amount and then I just pay it all then and there. Thank you. Really appreciate all your replies. 

The way I’ve always had it explained is that you have to deposit money and draw through that. And if you hit that it’ll stop letting you charge to your shipboard account. The last night of the cruise you’ll have to wait in line to settle up and get any remaining funds back. At that time they’ll lock your account to any more charges. 

I’d be most worried about having to wait in that seemingly endless line of cash people on the last night. Having to pack is depressing enough, waiting in line is worse. 

If you didn’t want to wait until Onboard you usually can go in and update your set sail pass with the credit card information.