Day before flight arrival update

Mitch

Ok folks.

Here's a update with our flight out for our cruise. We leave at 9:50 am. arrive 12:30. American Airline changed the flight time from 6:50 to 9:50. We have been told that we will have no possibility of missing the cruise ship. That makes me happy. But I'm still not really satisfied. I have talked to the travel agent in great extent regarding this. Even if they fly us to the first port. We will lose the biggest part of the cruise. Its 5 days to Maui. What would we do for 5 days in Vancouver if we miss the ship. I was told if we cancel this flight we lose lots of money. I can't afford to lose money. I'm keeping my fingers, legs and eyes crossed that this all works out. After the cruise I will let you know what happen. Unless a flight gets changed. 

1 hour ago, Mitch said:

We have been told that we will have no possibility of missing the cruise ship.

@Mitch, happy to hear that you were able to get a flight that comes in earlier than 2pm. However, with a 12:30pm arrival time you are still cutting it close. If your ship leaves at 4pm like you mentioned on that other post, then boarding will stop at 2:30pm. Fingers crossed for you that there are no flight or traffic delays but you only have a 2 hour window there.  

Be careful. Have a Plan B in case of flight or traffic delays. Carry all your emergency numbers and contact info with you. That still is not a very large window of time. 

See this thread on how things can go wrong sometimes.

Good luck ?

13 hours ago, Mitch said:

We have been told that we will have no possibility of missing the cruise ship. That makes me happy.

skw39.jpg?a432072

Sounds like a customer service rep just trying to make you happy. There is absolutely zero way they can say this with any confidence. Even with a 12:30pm landing, you can still miss the cruise ship via several ways: late aircraft, broken aircraft, late crew, sick passenger, aircraft diversion. Yes, some of these are obscure (I travel for a living and have only been diverted three times in the last 12 years), but they happen...and the first three on my list aren't all that uncommon at all. And yes, these things can still happen the day before too, but that gives you more time and more options to be re accommodated.

This is better...but there's absolutely no way anyone can tell you months in advance that there's no possibility of you missing something when, in fact, there's still at least a decent chance for, if nothing else, a large amount of stress on the start of your vacation.

As a Vancouverite, you will not miss your flight if it lands at 12:30. If it's delayed... That's another story. Are you checking luggage?

Take the Canada Line train directly from the airport to Waterfront station. It will take under 30 minutes to get you right to Canada Place where you board the cruise. Absolutely do NOT take a taxi or you will miss your cruise. 

1 hour ago, backpacker44 said:

As a Vancouverite, you will not miss your flight if it lands at 12:30. If it's delayed... That's another story. Are you checking luggage?

Take the Canada Line train directly from the airport to Waterfront station. It will take under 30 minutes to get you right to Canada Place where you board the cruise. Absolutely do NOT take a taxi or you will miss your cruise. 

The only caveat I'd add would be an international arrival that arrives at the same time as a 747 from China.  In that case you can spend some time standing in immigration queues.