Timing of 2 Shows B2B (Comedy + Quest)

We're sailing Symphony and I booked the shows when reservations opened up.  At the time I didn't know the timing of the other events going on and I booked the comedy show from 10:30pm-11:20pm.  Now that Royal App finally shows activities (had to log in and out a few times), I notice that The Quest is 11:15pm on the same night.

Would love to attend both but is this possible?  i.e. 

• I hear that the venue of the comedy show is small on Oasis.....so can we sneak out a few minutes early or is that rude (or get picked on)?
  • Can you arrive a few minutes late for The Quest?  Or do they close the doors?

I think if we have to pick one over the other, it'll be The Quest as DH really wants to attend.

As a side note...it looks like the 2 venues are almost side by side

Really it depends on where you want to sit at the Quest. If you don't might standing in the back areas you should be fine. If you want to be an integral role and sit up close you'll need to arrive early. The first 5 minutes or so is normally the safety video and team selection.

On Symphony the Comedy club is about twice the size as the one on Oasis and Allure, it is in the equivalent of Blaze. Door will be on the left side right near where you came in. Think there might be a few tables right near the door so that might be an ideal spot to sit if you want to make a quick exit. Distance from Attic to Studio B, maybe a fifty feet. Don't worry, they won't close the doors on Studio B.

9 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Definitely sit near the back if you want to do this ... you're safer!

Yeah...definitely don't want to get picked on as we make an exit

9 hours ago, CGTLH said:

Really it depends on where you want to sit at the Quest. If you don't might standing in the back areas you should be fine. If you want to be an integral role and sit up close you'll need to arrive early. The first 5 minutes or so is normally the safety video and team selection.

On Symphony the Comedy club is about twice the size as the one on Oasis and Allure, it is in the equivalent of Blaze. Door will be on the left side right near where you came in. Think there might be a few tables right near the door so that might be an ideal spot to sit if you want to make a quick exit. Distance from Attic to Studio B, maybe a fifty feet. Don't worry, they won't close the doors on Studio B.

We're more observers (although DH is braver than me).  I've only been to one Quest and it was quite tame on Independence, but DH said it was a bit rowdy on Mariner...and hilarious!   So he really wants to go.  It's not end of the world if can't get to the comedy show too but would be nice. (All other comedy show times are full now so we can't just switch the booking)

As said....you need to arrive on time or early to get a good seat for Quest and if you want to participate especially.....

As for the comedy show(or any show for that matter) of you feel/think you may need or want to leave early..just sit near the back.....

The locations make it probably doable for you.....

• 2 months later...
On 3/4/2019 at 8:53 PM, WannaCruise said:

We're sailing Symphony and I booked the shows when reservations opened up.  At the time I didn't know the timing of the other events going on and I booked the comedy show from 10:30pm-11:20pm.  Now that Royal App finally shows activities (had to log in and out a few times), I notice that The Quest is 11:15pm on the same night.

Would love to attend both but is this possible?  i.e. They actually had 2 showing of the adult comedy that night. besides what you mentions there was also one at 9 PM. This was all on night 6. FYI, we had also reserved the night 7 adult comedy show, Turns out they are the same exact show. So if you reserved both, you can skip the one on Quest night if you like.

• I hear that the venue of the comedy show is small on Oasis.....so can we sneak out a few minutes early or is that rude (or get picked on)? The venue is small, It would be very obvious that you are leaving and I guess up to the comedian to decide if he wants to pick on you. I actually love when happens to latecomers!
  • Can you arrive a few minutes late for The Quest?  Or do they close the doors? Getting in late is easy...finding a seat, maybe not so easy.

I think if we have to pick one over the other, it'll be The Quest as DH really wants to attend. With multiple showings of the comedy show, you should have no problem seeing both. If I had to choose, Quest wins hands down. Also, at the adult comedy, the do repeat some material from their family show,

As a side note...it looks like the 2 venues are almost side by side Yes, they are. Comedy show is in the Attic which is next to Studio B on Deck 4.

Hope this helps. Happy sailing!

@WannaCruise, don't know what your sail date is or if you are already back, but just in case, I just saw this and thought I'd answer your questions. Just got off Symphony on Saturday.? See answers above in red.

@Skid , thanks so much.  Our cruise was actually this past March so already done.  

The issue above is that we booked comedy show when entries opened up in cruise planner....then later found out night and time of Quest....then when went to change comedy show to say, one of the earlier times you stated or a different night, they were all booked up.

So in the end...we went to the comedy show and sat by the side door.  We saw the first comedian, then did an escape during the second comedian's act near the end.  Maybe he made jokes, but we had left at that point...lol.  So, we did catch Quest no problem....but it did mean that we had to skip Battle of the Sexes that ended up showing right before Quest. Oh well...you can never fit in every single thing on Symphony and overall, it worked out well.