Price match guarantee

Rebekah

I'm pretty sure it's their own pricing that they consider.

Yup, according to their Best Price Guarantee:

Lower rates must be Royal Caribbean’s publicly advertised rates available to the general public.

Since RCI doesn't allow anyone to discount their cruise fares I would be surprised if there could ever be a lower fare advertised.

They don't allow discounting, but it is possible for companies to have group bookings that may have received promotional pricing, or at least potentially lower pricing that's locked in from earlier.

I have a group booking for a cruise next year. We established the group as soon as bookings for fall 2016 were published, so we have good pricing. This pricing is good for our group members until June next year, so even if public prices for the sailing go up, our group can join us on the cruise at the group's pricing.

Not quite sure why Royal even needs a pricing guarantee against their own pricing for North American cruisers as we can rebook without penalty in most cases prior to final payment. For instance, I was able to get a $500 reduction today on our Baltic cruise next summer and was able to keep the onboard booking incentive.

Yep agree with Marc - groups can have much better rates if they book early and for certain dates

holidays, summer to like Alaska etc - some of our Alaska groups are $300-$400 less than

published rates now for cruises.

Many companies advertise without taxes and fees so upfront they appear lower but are not always

Not quite sure why Royal even needs a pricing guarantee against their own pricing for North American cruisers as we can rebook without penalty in most cases prior to final payment. For instance, I was able to get a $500 reduction today on our Baltic cruise next summer and was able to keep the onboard booking incentive.

The price guarantee works for those who book after final payment is already due.

They do have it...110% or something and your credited with an OBC for the difference or at least the last time I looked at it that's what it was.

But it was limited to 24 or 48 hrs after you book and I thought it was only for the RCI website deals?

Either way, nothing worth even talking about imho.