With UDP purchased, MDR reservation?

Baked Alaska

We have the UDP for our Alaska southbound sailing. Purchased at $126/pp Black Friday sale. Question, can you tell me if there would be an evening where we should actually schedule a My Time Dining MDR reservation instead of one of the specialty restaurants? Side: We are planning on eating in port in Skagway and Juneau. 

In my planning I don't, because I plan on trying to get the full dollar value out of the UDP I can. For you I would recommend looking at the ship and finding out how many different dinning venues there are (Specialty restaurants) and how tolerant you are repeating some of those restaurants depending on ship.

Example, on Liberty, only 3 specialty restaurants, I repeated some restaurants 2 and one 3 times.

Coming up on Anthem I have 5 counting Coastal Kitchen (In a Suite) so again I will repeat some and the fill in with Coastal Kitchen.

Just now, tiny260 said:

In my planning I don't, because I plan on trying to get the full dollar value out of the UDP I can. For you I would recommend looking at the ship and finding out how many different dinning venues there are (Specialty restaurants) and how tolerant you are repeating some of those restaurants depending on ship.

Example, on Liberty, only 3 specialty restaurants, I repeated some restaurants 2 and one 3 times.

Coming up on Anthem I have 5 counting Coastal Kitchen (In a Suite) so again I will repeat some and the fill in with Coastal Kitchen.

That sounds like the plan we are going to take. We are on Radiance, so no Coastal Kitchen. Was planning on approaching the dining as they do on DCL -rotational dine among Izumi, Chops, Giovannis, and Samba. I asked the questions just in case I'm missing something. We will be en suite on Adventure in 2020 and will Coastal Kitchen (it's a verb today!) that one. ?

Edited by Baked Alaska
clarification

1 minute ago, Baked Alaska said:

That sounds like the plan we are going to take. We are on Radiance, so no Coastal Kitchen. Was planning on approaching the dining as they do on DCL -rotational dine among Izumi, Chops, Giovannis, and Samba. I asked the questions just in case I'm missing something. We will be en suite on Adventure in 2020 and will Coastal Kitchen (it's a verb today!) that one. ?

If I'm on Symphony I probably would not have to repeat on a 7 night cruise, my Anthem cruise is a 9 night so I will have to repeat even if I went to the Solarium Bistro, I would still have to repeat, which is not a bad thing, it kind of forces me to try thing I might not otherwise try.

If you have the UDP but find that there is a dish that you want that is being served in the MDR just ask them to bring it to you in whatever specialty restaurant you happen to be visiting the night they are serving it.  We do this all the time.  If we are in Chops the night they are serving lobster in the MDR we just ask the waiter to bring us a MDR lobster tail.  No problem !