Are we only ones who don't book suites?

WannaCruise

Personally, we prefer interior rooms.   We don't spend much if any extra time in the room other than to sleep, shower, change clothes, whatever so even though we have been in more upgraded rooms before it just isn't worth it to us to spend the extra money.  I'd rather either save the extra cost for another cruise or use it to pay for excursions at ports.    Also, I'm one of those people who wakes up and cant sleep as soon as daylight comes so the darkness of an interior room allows me to actually enjoy sleeping in past 6:00-7:00am which is great!   We have done several ocean views in the past and once a junior suite because we were offered a reasonably priced upgrade and it was nice but I'm perfectly content with an interior cabin.

On 2/16/2019 at 9:48 AM, RickinSTL said:

I've never stayed in a suite either..  I just cant justify the cost to myself.. Plus im a DIY guy.. I feel weird when people are waiting on me hand and foot lol 

I've always booked an interior (cost reasons as who really stays in the room) until this year & booked an ocean balcony on Allure. Really enjoyed it & have booked a balcony again for my Feb 2020 cruise. Still can't justify a suite cost yet. 

13 minutes ago, BTE said:

I've always booked an interior (cost reasons as who really stays in the room) until this year & booked an ocean balcony on Allure. Really enjoyed it & have booked a balcony again for my Feb 2020 cruise. Still can't justify a suite cost yet. 

Once you try it, you see how nice it is.  We tried balcony on Mariner last summer and really enjoyed it.  So I do always price balconies..but even those can be pricey.

We also don't do suites.  Our first cruise was interior...NOPE.. never again.  I would rather NOT cruise that have an interior room.  I am claustrophobic.  NOPE.  We do balcony rooms.  And I will never cruise without one.  I might consider an ocean view, but seriously, the balcony is so worth it to me.  We're taking our 16yo DS and his best friend on their first cruise this summer (Navigator OTS July 2019) and booked side by side balcony rooms.  Those were still less than a suite at the time of booking. I haven't looked lately to see if that changed.  The amount of time we spend in the room doesn't make financial sense to us.  But I also understand that everyone has varying wants/desires/priorities when traveling.