New WOW Sale starts today

Matt

Nice, sounds like a couple of drinks.

I'm sailing Nov 7 (paid) and Feb 21 (not paid in full), would I be able to get any credit for them?

Nice, sounds like a couple of drinks.

I'm sailing Nov 7 (paid) and Feb 21 (not paid in full), would I be able to get any credit for them?

You should be able to since final payment has passed. However, you could lose other incentives if you already have them.

I made my wife call and ask (she's my travel agent).

Looks like we can't get help on our next two cruises, we would have to re-book and prices are allot higher now.

BUT he could help us on our November cruise on the Navigator next year, $100 obc.

That's awesome, especially considering we got a incredible deal on that sailing to begin with.

After taxes and fees we paid $1447 CAD for seven nights with a virtual balcony room, out of Miami with a good itinerary I think (SJ,SM,ST).

Is it strange to look forward to your third cruise down the line?

Retourical question, of course it's not.

BUT he could help us on our November cruise on the Navigator next year, $100 obc.

That's awesome, especially considering we got a incredible deal on that sailing to begin with.

After taxes and fees we paid $1447 CAD for seven nights with a virtual balcony room, out of Miami with a good itinerary I think (SJ,SM,ST).

That's great to hear! Free money!

The sale didn't benefit me in any way.  For the Liberty, for instance, the rate is currently $1000 more for an addition $50 in OBC.  My Allure cruise next year is $400 more for the cabin than the rate I booked at a few months ago.  The upside is that I have a good rate; the down side is that I don't benefit from the new sale.

Quick update ... as always RCI validates their reputation for consistent inconsistency.

Had my TA call in on my parents reservation ... RCI rep explained that the WOW sale OBC is only available to new reservations and that they routinely scan their reservation database to look for cancel/rebooks since that is also not allowed.

Chuckled a bit at the idea of RCI trying to utilize a computer to scan a database but shrugged and moved on.

TA just called back to say she tried a second rep who took care of it , no problem, OBC applied to existing reservation without a cancel/rebook being required.

So, as always with RCI if you don't like an answer keep calling until you find someone who either doesn't know their policy or is willing to disregard it for you ;) !

LOL. I have to laugh. If they REALLY scanned to check on cancel-rebooks then that is all they would do ! ...and what would they do if they found one ? Do you really think they would cancel your cruise or take away your OBC ? Of course not ! That's a stupid thing to even say to a customer.

There is a fatal flaw in the whole "available only to new booking" promotion and that is that unless you are past your final payment date you can ALWAYS choose to reprice your cruise (which is, essentially, cancel and rebook). As many have noted, it rarely pays to do that, especially if you booked your cruise way in advance and the base price of the cruise has gone up (as they almost always DO when RCI gets ready to roll out some new promo)...but that is what is called "the cost of doing business" and RCI shouldn't ever complain about people rebooking an existing cruise to take advantage of a promotion.