Deluxe beverage

JamesK

Hi all....am traveling with my 8 year daughter later this year on Independance of Seas...thinking of deluxe beverage package... couple of questions.

1 - if I get that package for me can my daughter get soda...coke etc ...on that card ....or they will say its for my drinks only...

2 - basically I guess,  can I walk in to a bar order one glass of white wine and a coke pls....or is it one drink at a time for me who holds the card.

3 - if I gave my daughter the card and she walks up to bar or soda machine...will it work for her....or again they will say it's not her card...

Thanks to anyone who can advise

2 hours ago, JamesK said:

Hi all....am traveling with my 8 year daughter later this year on Independance of Seas...thinking of deluxe beverage package... couple of questions.

1 - if I get that package for me can my daughter get soda...coke etc ...on that card ....or they will say its for my drinks only...

2 - basically I guess,  can I walk in to a bar order one glass of white wine and a coke pls....or is it one drink at a time for me who holds the card.

3 - if I gave my daughter the card and she walks up to bar or soda machine...will it work for her....or again they will say it's not her card...

Thanks to anyone who can advise

1. Technically no, can it be done, probably, for $8 ($56 for 7 day cruise) per day you can get her the soda Refreshment package, she gets her own insulated tumbler and you don't have to worry about questions 2 or 3. If you are on a ship that has the Coke Freestyle machines on it, the tumblers are all that work with them.

2. Again, technically yes, but it should be for your use only, most people on this forum, order a drink and a bottle of water every time they go to get a drink.

3. Bar no, freestyle yes. See above answers.

Edited by tiny260
Correct term

5 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

1. Technically no, can it be done, probably, for $8 ($56 for 7 day cruise) per day you can get her the Refreshment package, she gets her own insulated tumbler and you don't have to worry about questions 2 or 3. If you are on a ship that has the Coke Freestyle machines on it, the tumblers are all that work with them.

Quick clarification here. It's the soda package and not the refreshment package that runs about that cost and just comes with the tumbler. The refreshment package is about $26 full price and $18-20 on sale per day. In addition to soda that package includes mocktails and specialty coffees and teas and it's likely overkill for an 8 y/o.  I'm sure this is what you meant, but I wanted to avoid confusion. 

1 hour ago, JamesK said:

No. Drink package benefits are only for those that bought the drink package.

1 hour ago, JamesK said:

One drink at a time. In your scenario, they may be fine getting you a coke too. It tends to be stricter when it comes to alcohol.

1 hour ago, JamesK said:

They should not serve her. Again, the benefits are just for who bought the package.

17 hours ago, Blndone44 said:

If you buy a drink package now on the cruise planner and the price goes down before you sail can you get a refund for the difference?

Yes you can cancel and rebook at lower price: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/10/29/how-cancel-and-rebook-pre-cruise-purchases-royal-caribbeans-cruise-planner