I am VERY excited

AGSLC5

I just booked what I think will be an awesome cruise and I had to share it here because you guys are the only people I know who will appreciate it and understand my excitement:

As most of you know I am a member of Club Royale and today I was able to book a 2 bedroom Aqua Theater suite for February 2017 on Harmony. This qualifies for the new Star Class and I am soooo excited to try this out... The other reason I am excited is I got a Fabulous deal. The room before my Club Royale Discount was going for $11,000 for 2 people... I was able to get it for $6,200.00 for 2 people.. Man I think that's a deal and I just had to do it so I can try out the star class...

This was not meant to brag it's just you guys are the people I know who would understand by excitement!!

Steph, I am sooo happy for you. I got a similar deal on the Harmony in May. For some reason they had the big suites in general inventory instead of having them blocked off. You got a better deal than I did though...the Club Royale deal on my cruise (May 29 2016 London to Barcelona)was not the normal 50% that they usually offer and the BOGOHO was a better deal than the CR deal. I ended up paying $8681.56 (for 2 of us). Maybe I will try again and see if they are offering a better CR rate than they originally quoted me.

WOW, that's awesome. Sounds like you got a good deal, can't go wrong with a view of the Aqua Theater.

We're booked on the Feb 18th cruise for that year, we're excited too.

New fancy ship with water slides!! I'm expecting everything to be top of the line on this ship, should be the pride of the fleet.

We got a central park balcony, picked a room next to the plant/vine feature so we only have neighbors on one side. We booked a couple of months ago and the prices have already gone up at least 600 dollars if we booked today.

Can't wait, she'll be a nice ship.

Congrats though, that's a NICE room.

On a side note, I was hoping to book on the group cruise in 2017 but I think this booking will get in the way. I wouldn't even be surprised if Matt and MCI choose the Harmony that month, we'll see I guess.

That happened to me this year, I booked the same sailing of the group cruise before knowing of the group cruise. By the time I figured it out it was too late to match my deal. Knowing my luck the same thing will happen again next time.

Raye, They still had one room left on deck 10 2 bed room aqua theater suite for my same sailing at the same price I am paying.. Check it out maybe that time frame will work for you too... Jerel.. Even though you are not officially booked with MEI for this year's group cruise you can still come hang out with us! looking forward to meeting everyone and talking cruising

Raye, Unfortunately you can only do either the same Eastern or Western Itinerary that Oasis and Allure do now... Basically Oasis is moving to Port Canaveral and Harmony is taking over in port Everglades... So the cruise I am doing is the Western again you know Labadee, Jamaica, Mexico... I am doing this cruise strictly for the new boat and to experience the new star class.. Plus if you recall I live in Ft. Lauderdale so it is just so easy for me to take boats out of there..   

Matt, It really is! I went on youtube and looked at Oasis and Allure versions and it really looks so awesome! It is going to be for my honeymoon so I figured why not splurge and have the best Royal can offer as I am hoping to only get married Once

Matt, It really is! I went on youtube and looked at Oasis and Allure versions and it really looks so awesome! It is going to be for my honeymoon so I figured why not splurge and have the best Royal can offer as I am hoping to only get married Once

I am jealous you get to enjoy such nice accommodations but I know how happy you must be!  And like you said, honeymoons are a big deal so why not splurge!

Steph, thank you so much for the head's up on this ! I was able to book the BIG 8330 A1 on 11 Feb ! I haven't had it repriced yet at the CR rate but I went ahead and booked it online so that I wouldn't lose it. Later today I will have it repriced at the CR rate.

What a WONDERFUL surprise to find these big AquaSuites available online ! They usually hide them and do not allow just 2 people to book these 2 BR suites.

I am now going to cancel my May 2017 Harmony cruise, which I probably couldn't have taken anyway...I only booked it b/c it was the big A1 but I would certainly rather cruise out of FLL than fly to London !!

Good recon on this ! Thanks again ! I will let you know how it prices out in the end.

Raye, Awesome News!!! I didn't even realize the big one was available! I am glad a fellow cruise friend and fan is getting it. I was so surprised too that it was released in general inventory and with that CR discount I just had to go for it! And I just realized you will be saving again by not having to fly to London and just flying to Florida. Ahh the suite life I cant wait to experience this Star Class with you.. I looked at my invoice and without the discount the room went for $10,930.94 with my discount I am paying $6,214.94 a great savings... Let me know what you end up paying on the big one I am curious to see how much of a discount CR will give you..

So that is the same sailing as you're on ? WOOHOOO !! That will be so awesome !

I think the current pricing on mine (BOGOHO) is $8529.24 (includes a $250 D+ balcony discount and with grats included...hey, aren't we supposed to have grats included in our price at the Star suites level ????). Sticker price, with no discount at all, would have been $11,054.24...which includes taxes, port fees and grats. I would have gotten a $250 D+ balcony discount, I presume so that would have brought it down to $10,804.24.

Anyway, I will let you know what the final is when I have it repriced at the CR rate. Not only am I saving money by not having to fly to Europe, but they are offering a full CR discount on this [Feb 11] sailing. They weren't offering a full CR rate on that May 2016 sailing, and so the BOGOHO was the best price...but the CR rate on this sailing will this one MUCH cheaper...all the way around.

For anyone who may be interested, b/c of Stephanie's good detective work, I began looking for other AquaTheater Suite vacancies. I can find just 1 sailing where the A1 Deck 8 AquaTheater Suite (the BIG one) is available. That is the week of April 22, 2017. Even with the BOGOHO "deal" this suite is pricing at $10,205.94 (including taxes and port fees) so it's a big pricey but if you just MUST have an A1 AquaTheater Suite and you want to book with just 2 people, this may be your only opportunity.

There are MANY of the A2 Deck 10 AquaTheater suites on a number of different Jan - April 2017 sailings and many A4 Deck 14 suites available. Interesting that I didn't notice any A3 Deck 11 - 12 listed so I don't know where those are...but we could probably find out by calling RCI.

Those suites are so nice I wouldn't even want to leave my room, just hang out and get some room service. Nassau would be skipped for sure.

BTW, Congrats on the marriage Stephanie. Hopefully this guy's a cruiser, if not i'm sure you'll turn him into one. Although as i'm sure you know, your going to spoil him with this room.

Ok. My room prices out at $6430.94 with the CR discount, taxes and port fees....a nice reduction from the original $85XX ! It works out to a 45% discount off the full price. They tell you that the Club Royale discount is 50% off but it never really works out to 50%. Somewhere I read that they deduct whatever balcony discount you would have gotten before they take the discount but even figuring it that way I can't get it to come out to 50% so who knows how they figure it. I just know that 45% off is way better than 25% off...which is what the BOGOHO is.

I stumped the guy who booked it for me with my question about the gratuities. He looked up the Star Suite level perks and said, "yep...your grats are included in the base price of your cruise but I have no idea how to make sure that that you aren't charged for them." He advised that I do NOT prepay the gratuities and said that RCI would either charge me and then refund the price of the grats or simply never charge us for them at all. I guess this is kind of a new thing and they just don't know how to do it yet.

Oh well, it's a long time off...they will figure out what they're doing soon enough.

So we will be sailing together on 2 Feb cruises...2016 and 2017. WAHOO !!

That is funny. I had the same problem with my guy not knowing about the tips... He went to the resolution desk and got it all straightened out.. He did not add on tips and said we will not be charged for them. Funny how we the cruisers always know more about the perks and programs than the workers do. I am just glad you were able to jump on this great deal. And it looks like you are only paying about $250 more than I am and you are getting the extra space so awesome job on that one. Cant wait for both cruises 2016 and 2017

• 4 weeks later...