Onboard credit

Erika1971

Hi everyone!  We are scheduled for Symphony on 2/16/2019.  I was looking at pre-purchasing a shore excursion - does onboard credit only show up once you're physically "on board"?  Our TA gave us some and we have some from our credit card.  I'm just curious and if so - do any of you wait until you're on board to schedule excursions?

We've never had credit before so I'm clueless!

Thank you!

OBC from Credit card rewards normally posted about 2-4  weeks before your cruise.

I suggest booking excursions on cruise planner because they are cheaper than when you onboard if you plan to book excursions through RCI. Sometimes you book excursions on your own will be cheaper but not all the case. Sometimes better value to book with RCI because of transfer to excursion will also cost you money. Research what you want to do and check the prices of both through RCI and on your own(With Transfer) then compare.

• 1 month later...

We are leaving on Harmony in 2 weeks. I have cashed in my "points" to use for onboard credit. Still have not shown up in my cruise planner. Friends that are traveling with us have already gotten theres. I called Royal..1st answer was they don't show up until 14 days before you leave. It's 14 days before we leave...no credit. So I called again, now it is 7-10 days before we leave. Not a happy camper. Guess after this trip I'll retire Royal Caribbeans cc and use Discover. 

23 hours ago, georgie66 said:

We are leaving on Harmony in 2 weeks. I have cashed in my "points" to use for onboard credit. Still have not shown up in my cruise planner. Friends that are traveling with us have already gotten theres. I called Royal..1st answer was they don't show up until 14 days before you leave. It's 14 days before we leave...no credit. So I called again, now it is 7-10 days before we leave. Not a happy camper. Guess after this trip I'll retire Royal Caribbeans cc and use Discover. 

Have you called BOFA?